your throw

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Henderson said:
Vicious! Hmm....I kinda like it, though. :ubercool:

Why, thank you. One of the reasons I like it is also because the positional set up is prime for sitting through with the reaping leg to a kesagatame, side control, or knee-up position...on an opponent who is addled from an occipital lobe bounce :wink2:

Regards,

Dave

Ivan86

White Belt
Reaction score
Tai-Otoshi, modified so my hands are higher up, one grabbing each of my opponent's neck lapels. Even if the throw fails, if I turn in I still have a standing choke.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gee,

I have two that I really love. They would be: Sweeping hip and Outer winding throw.

RheaHS

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
mmm difficult since I'm fairly new.
But from what I've seen in our syllabus, it's gotta be the leg throw from our green belt.
You grab the attacker's leg from a roundhouse kick and sweep their other out from underneath them.
Don't know the Japanese name for this.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Probably an o uchi gari to the supporting leg...can be a real rough fall, I've got about a dozen variations of that defense in my head and none of are pretty if you don't know ukemi...

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
tshadowchaser said:
lets stick to throws for the moment
we can do take downs next week

Is it next week yet? ;)

I hit a decent Kata Guruma from my knees, ala 'fireman's carry' style. That's about as close to a throw as I usually get.

RheaHS

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
bignick said:
Probably an o uchi gari to the supporting leg...can be a real rough fall, I've got about a dozen variations of that defense in my head and none of are pretty if you don't know ukemi...

it isn't pretty, and it hurt the first time as I hit my head on the floor. Wasn't expecting it. Right in front of the junior classes too! how embarassing.

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ivan86 said:
Tai-Otoshi, modified so my hands are higher up, one grabbing each of my opponent's neck lapels. Even if the throw fails, if I turn in I still have a standing choke.

Morote-Jime?

kodo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Tai Otoshi.
Definately my best throw. (Not that any of my throws are worth bragging about!)
I like Tsurikomigoshi because there's nothing like that nano second in the air when you're thinking, "Oooooooooh, sh@@@@@@@@##!"

kingkong89

Green Belt
Reaction score
My favorite is made my throw because i do it a certain way. i take the opponite grab his collar and belt. kneel down and just throw him back behind me. it is a difficult and dangerouse throw do not try unless you have upper body strength.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is this a variation of kata guruma. Not a whole lot to go off from your description

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like very much to go for O Soto Gari and when the opponent steps back, do Ippon Seio Nage instead.

Kata Guruma is another favourite of mine.

Latest Discussions