Your Taekwondo Black Belt

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Okay, what black belts do you guys have?
Embroidered or not?

I personally have a eosin panther belt 2" wide, double lined, korean on one side and english on the other.

I personally believe eosin panther belts are the best and highest quality belts in the world. This guy knows quality, and he strives to always have the best satisfaction. He translates for you! Just incase you want to see his belts....

www.eosinpanther.com

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
you get a discount? ;)

my thingamabob is black, something Korean on one end, my name on the other hash marks for rank, plus indication of the level....

Cotton, stinks like turpatine when washed....stiff as a board (1x2 ;) ) when new.

quality? though I 'use' it a lot, I really don't put a lot of strain on it....

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Okay, what black belts do you guys have?
Embroidered or not?

I personally have a eosin panther belt 2" wide, double lined, korean on one side and english on the other.

I personally believe eosin panther belts are the best and highest quality belts in the world. This guy knows quality, and he strives to always have the best satisfaction. He translates for you! Just incase you want to see his belts....

www.eosinpanther.com

I'm also a fan of Eosin Panther. I have a 2" USCDKA "dress belt" & a 2" belt without stripes that has my name in Korean on one end & TKD Chung Do Kwan in Korean on the other. I wear the plain one regularly.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mine was a simple black belt with nothing on it bought from Century years ago

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I had a Century belt back in '88 from my first black belt. After 18 years I had to put to the side because it was so fraid and worn. Now I have a plain black belt from KI International. We will see how it stands the test of time. :)

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
We have gone through 3 or 4 belts over the years. The belt my daughter currently wears for competition, which is the only time she wears a belt, has her name, in english & stiched in red, on one end and used to have the name of her former dojang on the other end, but a $.99 seam ripper from walmart took care of that little problem when we left that school.

I believe the belt itself came from Sang Moo Sa.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
A cheap and simple Kwon's belt, no embroidery. I'm not much for bling. I did remove the Kwon's logo because I wasn't sure if it was supposed to end up on the right or left side :) .

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A cheap and simple Kwon's belt, no embroidery. I'm not much for bling. I did remove the Kwon's logo because I wasn't sure if it was supposed to end up on the right or left side :) .

LOL, probably on the right ;)

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
you get a discount? ;)

my thingamabob is black, something Korean on one end, my name on the other hash marks for rank, plus indication of the level....

Cotton, stinks like turpatine when washed....stiff as a board (1x2 ;) ) when new.

quality? though I 'use' it a lot, I really don't put a lot of strain on it....

Ditto for me.

I understand my Korean master had them put in Korean the words, "this guy trips over his own feet" instead of 'World Takewondo Federation" or something like that.

Deaf

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL< I think I can compare mine to others, or I'd swear he had 'SHE IS CRAZY' put on mine! :)

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ditto for me.

I understand my Korean master had them put in Korean the words, "this guy trips over his own feet" instead of 'World Takewondo Federation" or something like that.

Deaf

:lfao: I was convinced that the Korean on my belt read, "this guy paid too much for this belt."

e ship yuk

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have three belts. I have a plain black belt that I received for my 1st dan test. It's unique as it has the logo for the uniform company my instructor was trying to start, and no other exists.

I received a new belt for my 2nd dan promotion, with rank bars and embroidery in gold. The hangul on it says "Tang Soo Do Moo Duk Kwan" on one end, and my name on the other, or as close as one can get in Korean.

The third is a gift from my instructor after passing the test, a midnight blue belt with "Tang Soo Do" embroidered in black on one end. Love it.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
reminds me, gotta pull it out and dust it off...gotta teach tomorrow...for the instructor of my instructor...with 7 hash marks on his belt....

I am SOOOOO nervous!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have my dress one with the gold emborery on it and then my old BB that is what I wear. I see no reason for the other one, mostof the time I just wear a shirt and dobok pants with no belt.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have my dress one with the gold emborery on it and then my old BB that is what I wear. I see no reason for the other one, mostof the time I just wear a shirt and dobok pants with no belt.

Terry,

I tried that with my old black belt (first one given to me, no name, just a black belt.) My instructor, a Korean 7th dan, looked at me and asked if I was not happy or embarissed with the one he gave me, the one with 5 hash marks. That was a hint... so I started wearing the one he gave me.

Deaf

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My belt is from my instructor. Korean writing on both sides... one side basically says something like Kukkiwon black belt presented by my grandmaster's name. And then it has my korean name on the other side (the name was given to me when I received my fourth dan).

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All of my belts came from my sahbum. Currently, I have 2 - one with 4 stripes on each end, embroidered in gold, which is the one I usually wear, and one with my name and our association name embroidered, also in gold, which I don't think I've ever worn - not because I don't like it, but because it's smaller than the one with the stripes, and while it would be the right size if plain, it looks kind of silly with my name in the knot.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've got a lot of belts, including the original ceremonial black belt I received in 1979 which I don't think I've worn more than 10 times (hey, I'm not 16 anymore and it is a size 3).

The belt I most often wear is a plain Sang Moo Sa belt which is getting a bit frayed but still is functional. I have 2 other belts, both ceremonial, another Sang Moo Sa belt with my name on one side and my club name, both in Hangul. The other is a Nike belt with my name and Taekwondo Chung Do Kwan, both in Hangul.

karatemom

Green Belt
Reaction score
Mine is black with a white stripe because I'm a probationary (or 1st degree level 1) black belt - hope to test for my decided black (solid black with embroidered name, 1 gold bar with L2) before the end of the year - toe/foot willing ...

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
We get a new black belt each time we advance a dan level. My current one has my name on each end, one end in English and the other end in Korean. Each end also has a Roman Numeral on it to denote rank (IV in my case). It's pretty much a rag at this point.

I also have another belt which my instructor gave to me after I passed my IV dan test. It was his old IV dan belt. It has his name, rank, and the words "International Taekwon-Do Federation" on it. Probably the best goft I've ever gotten. I wear it sometimes when I train or when I get a lesson form my instructor. I'll probably continue to wear it when I train on my own after I test for V dan in October.

Pax,

Chris

Latest Discussions