Your Own Film Or Remake.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thinking about this on the bus this morning. I would imagine that all of us have a particular film, or TV episode that you feel you could have written better, or acted in etc. Mine would be the ending of Gladiator with Russel Crowe. Would liked to have seen Maximus behead Commodus and survive the wound. I guess there would be many more, but how about you lot. Do you have one in mind and what you mod. The ending, male character swapped to a female, or anything?

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Boondock Saints II
I would have like to see the old man not killed and I would have liked to see the two young men planning how to get out of Prison. Or had the strange FBI agent saying "they will be out soon"

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh, man, I have to think on this for a bit. I'd probably rewrite a quarter of what I see.
I wouldn't say it needs to be re-written, but it is always clear to me when an actor mis-says what the author intended, I call it Lazy directing, or even bad acting, but whom ever was in charge, dropped the ball.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it needs to be re-written, but it is always clear to me when an actor mis-says what the author intended, I call it Lazy directing, or even bad acting, but whom ever was in charge, dropped the ball.

it's an interesting industry.

An "author" would be the writer of a book (or an article, report etc) The screenwriter would be the writer of a screenplay or teleplay (television)

The director is the boss of the actual project being shot. His word is law. (The producers are the money men and are a director's boss or bosses, but, being complete idiots, they usually stay out of things)) Sometimes, an established director will also write the screenplay.

The hierarchy of a film project is a pecking order pretty much set in stone. If you follow it from top to the very bottom, right after the janitor and the kid who delivers pizza, is the screenwriter. Screenwriters are the single least powerful people in Hollywood. (again, unless they are also the director) You wouldn't think it would be that way, but it is that way.

When you see "written by Buka & Touch of Death" it means we wrote the script together. If it's "written by Buka and Touch of Death", it means you rewrote the script, or a considerable portion of it. If it's a high enough portion, you get all screen credit. Sometimes you'll see "Story by" which usually means that person came up with the story, either in a draft, treatment or pitch, then someone else wrote the script (screenplay)

An actor usually doesn't have a say unless the director says he does. It would be an actor of considerable experience and success, but even then it would be a collaboration, the director having final say.

And, yes, the ball gets dropped a lot in the industry. :)

Elbowgrease

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think I'd like to see sequels or prequels of a few movies. Snatch and Pulp Fiction, maybe a movie about Mickey the Pikey boxer. Some sort of day in the life following Jules and Vincent around.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could we stay on topic please? I am really interested in hearing OP views, not industry views!!!

Latest Discussions