Your opinion on this?

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I recently moved and I am looking at school in my area and I only found 2 that I am interested in...a WC school and a Jow Ga Kung Fu school.

http://www.jowga.com/

I would like you all to give me your overall opinion if you please. I know it is hard to see from a website and soon I will drop in and visit the school to see but I would like to know what you all think from viewing the site.

What sticks out to me is that classe are really only 2x a week and for only 1 hour. Take out time for stretching and talking and class is usually probably around 45 minutes if that.

I know word of mouth travels far when it comes to schools and just would like an opinion...thank you all in advance.

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
From what I understand of it, Jow Ga is a good system. If you're comfortable with the instructors and students, you can't go wrong.

Don't be put off by the 1 hr class time. Time is what you make of it. Once you check out the school you'll have a better feel.

Changhfy

Green Belt
Reaction score
I agree with Yeti 100 percent.

Ive had experiences with both systems.

I think its best for you to see how they transmit the knowledge of the methods or faat first. and then take it from there.

And one thing to remember is more than likely you'll possibly have chances through out the week to train with some of the Sihengdai. (once you get to know everyone)

And another important issue is how do they address the criteria that you are looking as both a prospective customer as well as a family member in the future.

So to make it short you should check both out and see how they meet your standards. But as I said I've had experiences in both and they both have incredible merits in studying.

take care,
Zach

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ace knowing you and all I would say just drop by try the class and see what happens, I do agree about twice a week man one would like to train at least four days a week. Good luck and see you soon my friend.

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ace knowing you and all I would say just drop by try the class and see what happens, I do agree about twice a week man one would like to train at least four days a week. Good luck and see you soon my friend.
But for those of us who can only "formally" train once a week...going twice would be heaven!!

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
But for those of us who can only "formally" train once a week...going twice would be heaven!!

Sheesh I feel for you, b/c I know that must be hard.

I am use to 3 or 4x a week for 1 hour. Master stoker has classes I think 4x a week for I KNOW longer than 1 hour..(i think i saw God i was so tired) :)

Thereofre 2x a week seems like a lil of a short coming.

Changhfy

Green Belt
Reaction score
You guys are lucky!

I was going 11 hours a day 6 days a week, and on Sunday for 3 hours.

Latest Discussions