Your opinion is needed

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well here is my opinion and remember you ask, first off you are not chambering the kick properly as well as not turning the hips over when you deliver the kick. It has to much of a whipping motion that will cause you more problem in the long run. the back foot does not rotate enough and you seem to be off balance when delivering the kick. the off balance is most likely do to the fact of you trying to generate power from the entire body rather than from proper techniques. You are a mid belt so I can only imagine all this wil come to you by the time you are ready for your BB. Keep training:asian:

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree with Terry. Remember, too, that the more kicks you throw, the better your kicks will eventually be... if you practice correctly; practicing incorrectly will just ingrain bad habits. Ask people at your dojang to help you - nothing is better than immediate feedback from people who are being trained to the same technical standard you are, as they know what your sahbum is looking for, and can help you move closer to that standard.

StuartA

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well here is my opinion and remember you ask, first off you are not chambering the kick properly as well as not turning the hips over when you deliver the kick. It has to much of a whipping motion that will cause you more problem in the long run. the back foot does not rotate enough and you seem to be off balance when delivering the kick. the off balance is most likely do to the fact of you trying to generate power from the entire body rather than from proper techniques. You are a mid belt so I can only imagine all this wil come to you by the time you are ready for your BB. Keep training:asian:

Gotta agree with Terry.. got it spot on!

Stuart

level7

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Great vid. A little off topic. I just got a Flip video camera and was wondering what software are you using to edit and upload your videos. I thought of posting vids on this board for people to critique too. Your training area looks like my training area :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, not the way I am taught to do them. I am often asked to do several in a row without setting my foot down...

Another thing, you drop your back arm...you miss with that kick you get konked in the head.

(I did not may attention, did you only do the right leg? If so practice on both sides)

Oh, and one more thing: While a back leg kick has awesome power, it's also visible from miles away and easier to parry or avoid.

OP
S

Shadow tkd

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Great vid. A little off topic. I just got a Flip video camera and was wondering what software are you using to edit and upload your videos. I thought of posting vids on this board for people to critique too. Your training area looks like my training area :)

I use windows movie maker

Latest Discussions