Your honest opinion on William Cheung's Wing Chun system!

paitingman

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Well, your even superhero buddies are no match for this man's WC!

BTW, now back to the subject at hand: What bothers me about TWC is not that it takes a different approach. I enjoy seeing diversity in WC... even among Yip Man's successors. Each variation represents a trade-off. For each change, certain advantages may be lost while others may be gained. If the system is sufficiently tested, hopefully, the more effective techniques will eventually become the dominant forms. Or perhaps eventually, the different branches will continue to diverge and split into completely different systems. Either way, it's called evolution and is a fact of life.

No, what bothers me are TWC's overblown claims of being the "true, secret art" of GM Yip Man. But, a lot of people make extravagant claims. That's called making a buck, and it's another fact of life! LOL.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not lol.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
While I acknowledge your honest opinion I would ask you do further research before making claims. Before I chose Traditional Wing Chun I did weeks of Reseach hunting to find the truth. I concluded with the story the Grandmaster Cheung has told. There are too many letters and supporting evidence to deny William Cheung as a closed door student of Ip Man. I do not recognize Ip Chun because he has been caught in too many lies. He was never taught Wing Chun by Ip Man his mother took him away because she hated that Ip Man was consumed with Martial Arts and he was consorting with a prostitute whom got him addicted to Opium.
Who are you replying to? This is a 7 year old thread...most of the posters are no longer on this site.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not lol.

Neither can I! You expect an old man like me to remember that far back?!? ...Actually, I'm pretty sure I was just being silly, posting that old video by the Windy City WC guys with the dude in the superhero outfit. They seem to appreciate silliness too. :)