Your Governing Body

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The head instructor at the school I teach at, Mr. Lang was his first instructor and I think he's the one who promoted him to 3rd dan.
He still talks about the classes Mr. Lang would have and how his goal was to get you to puke. Some pretty tough fighters came out of his classes, but I never had the chance to attend any.
He was at my black belt test though :D

:asian:

OP
W

white dragon

do you really think there would be much of a change if he were to die soon? I'd like to think people would continue to teach in the same way and the asme patterns as they have done for the last x-amount of years, because it's what they believe in... not because someone they've never met thousands of miles away thinks that they should.

OP
K

kickyou

I think that when the General dies there will be a feeding frenzy among the ITF-NK for the position of President.I think the current higher ups will completely destroy what is now ITF-NK.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You'll probably see some new organizations formed as well, similar to what happened in american kenpo when Mr. Parker died.

OP
W

white dragon

would the best thing be then for someone to take over the ITF and keep it going as it is and for those that want things to change to form their own group so everyone is happy? But then ofcourse that's a nother group and even less of a chance to unite the politics of TKD.

OP
K

kickyou

Whitedragon,

That has already happened.General Choi's Son Master Choi Jung Hwa, has moved the headquarters of the ITF from Vienna to Canada and is now running a parallel group.I am a member of this group because I know that he is the true future leader and will take the ITF the way it should be into the future.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Klondike93

You'll probably see some new organizations formed as well, similar to what happened in american kenpo when Mr. Parker died.

Add Modern Arnis after Prof. Presas' passing to the list of examples.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by kickyou

Whitedragon,

That has already happened.General Choi's Son Master Choi Jung Hwa, has moved the headquarters of the ITF from Vienna to Canada and is now running a parallel group.I am a member of this group because I know that he is the true future leader and will take the ITF the way it should be into the future.

Why do you feel this way? What has he done that has you in his camp?

OP
K

kickyou

He did not publicly humiliate me at an International Instructors Course because I was a female.The General did this to me a couple of years ago in Colorado not once but twice.Also he believes that women are equals not subservients.Also he has carried on the true spirit of TKD.He has indured extreme hardships for TKD including being kidnapped along with his sister and used as a bargaining tool against his Father only to have his Father tell his captures to go ahead and kill them both because he chooses TKD over his children.Even though his Father did this Master Choi was still loyal to him until lately when his Father had finally gone too far and has handed the ITF over to the NK Government.

OP
K

kickyou

Also he believes in having the members have input into how the organization is run.That was proven to me when I received a personal e-mail from Mr. Tibollo asking me to read the new constitution and send him my thoughts on it.Would the ITF NK ever do that? NO

OP
W

white dragon

Also he believes in having the members have input into how the organization is run

I think this is how an organization should be run, otherwise isn't it just another dictatorship?

OP
K

kickyou

Whitedragon you are correct that is how the ITF NK runs things that is why Master Choi is the exact opposite, because unlike General Choi he has learned to embrace democracy and embrace the ideals of the Country that gave his family refuge.Unlike yjr General who has turned his back on what everyone has given him when all that Korea wanted was for him to be dead.

OP
W

white dragon

so does anyone know who's currently running the WTF?

OP
W

white dragon

that's ok, I just wondered. Everyone doing ITF seems to know the general, but I'm part of a WTF dojang and politics like that never seemed to get mentioned! Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing really.

OP
K

kickyou

oh they are going on in your Organization they just do not want you to know about it.

OP
W

white dragon

well to be honest I'm not too fussed as long as it doesn't effect my training. They can fight it out all they want I guess... maybe I'm missing something though?

Latest Discussions