Your Favorite Uniform

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Warning! Softball topic-Do you have a favorite uniform? Perhaps an old uniform which fits you like a glove? Maybe a new uniform which still has creases? What brand is your favorite?

I have a SMAI brand dobok like those worn in the 2004 Athen Olympics-it has a stretch-type material and always feels comfortable.

Miles

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yup, about 6 years ago I bought the ribbed adidas TKD dobok that is no longer manufactured. It's the most comfortable uni I've worn in training. I still have that dobok, but now it's an off white/grey color from all the training I've done in it, and now it's almost wearing out through all the material's vital points. I've spent countless hours training in that thing. Even though I have a wardrobe of doboks, it's still my favorite.

If I'd have known adidas was going to discontinue it, I would have bought 5 of them. I've tried Ken's Golden Tiger MA ribbed TKD dokoks but it's just not the friggin' same... :shrug:

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have several uniforms and love a bunch of them, but my favorite is my JUKS Gold.

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Random Shirt with any pair of jeans loose enough to kick in. Oh you meant school uniform not street uniform. Sorry got confused :).

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have 2 - ribbed Pro spec uniforms that are very comfortable right up until you start to sweat, then they start to grab. My favorite is my Adidas competition uniform. Soaking wet and it still slides right off the knees and elbows. I asked for a new one last night and I was told the latest and greatest is the new Adidas Master's uniform. As much as I want to try the material, I REALLY don't want to wear anything with the fancy stripes. I'm a plain white kinda guy. I don't understand why Masters, who don't generally compete anymore, get better wicking material than the players???

Miles. Do you have a link to the SMAI stuff?

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My first uniform I got in Tang Soo Do. It fits perfect. I still have it (Proforce student). It is still my fav. I still use it twice a year when I get a chance to visit my old dojang :) Out of my TKD uniforms, it is one I stole from my other half, when he became a black belt. It is broken in, and comfy (I think it's a Bold uniform).

Now I do jujitsu (cross training again LOL), so I have to find a middle weight that I like. I do have a gi, but it's old (a friend gave it to me), but fits good (black top with white bottoms that I wear with a white belt. It looks cool).

A

Andy Cap

I have Juka Gold from Dragon Uniforms that was just freaking awesome 16 oz. brushed canvas. Traditional Tang Soo Do style. Unfortunately, after 5 years a uniform breaks down.

The funny thing about martial arts uniforms is that you can order the same exact uniform and size adn all, and they may not be the same fit. I had this experience with my most recent Pro Force. I have the same uniform and size, but one is much tighter than the other.

K

kwon 17

Currently I have 3 dobaks that are ITF approved and I love them as if they were all tuxedos.As a matter of a fact I might consider wearing them to a wedding.I have 3 uniforms for 3 situations.The first 1 is for training,which is dam there yellow,the other seminars and tournaments,and the last one is for testings.:CTF: