Your favorite part of training

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What would you say is the best part of your TKD training and if you could what would you bring to the table for TKD as part of your training.
terry

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
What would you say is the best part of your TKD training and if you could what would you bring to the table for TKD as part of your training.
terry
I don't think I could pin it down to any one thing. As a matter of fact, I doubt I could pin it down to any several things. It doesn't matter what we do in class, I love it and have fun regardless. If i had to sum it up, I'd say everything because it makes me feel so alive! God, I'm blessed!

As for the second part, I really have nothing to bring that someone else isn't already doing a better job of. The only thing I can offer is to keep a promise to myself a long time ago that I wouldn't short change the system and become a teacher of the art until I was truly a master of it. A commitment to pass on my knowledge of the art in it's entirety, not piece meal. I can't say when that will be, but I'll know when it's time.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree with Gemini. There's nothing I really hate (except the gear for sparring and some rules for it). Everything else is good.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When I was 18 or 19 I would have jokingly said, "The feeling of someone's temple on my heel."

I think its the sense of accomplishment & how training has helped me trandsend that accomplishment into others. Without getting too metaphysical here, its made that kind of difference for me. The discipline of training week in, week out, month after month, & year after year has helped me see that perserverance brings results. It doesn't just "happen" over night. Anything I've gotten that quickly wasn't worth having. But, the things I've worked for always have been worth the work. Its translated from the Dojang to the classroom to making a difference in the world around me.

I love the training, too. Ya can't beat a good hook kick.:) There's the comarderie among folks as well. I've met some of my favorite people in MA.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
terry

Sparring (usually most enjoyable). I'd bring more practice of practical self-defence applications from Hyungs.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
All I can bring to the table is a willingness to be patient and to focus on the details of what my instructor is showing and work hard to apply it, and hope that this inspires both other colored belts my age who are starting this late in life in what they can do, and the younger students to have patience and focus