You might have been training too long or for a long time if :

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You might have been training too long or for a long time if you can tell what part of the body was hit by the sound of it even if you were not looking directly at the strike.

The sound of the head versus the elbow versus the knee versus a hand strike are all different. ;)

modarnis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Its music to the ears, unless its your own head, elbow, hand or shin being whacked

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last year we were picking up my son from the childrens class at church. He had been taking Kung Fu for about a year by then. When he approached the door to leave he stopped at the doorway, bowed, then exited. :shrug:

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My karate teacher when I was in high school was one of my high school teachers. We got the benefit of using the gymnasium in the evenings when other events weren't scheduled. It was effectively my first dojo.

I had a really hard time every day not bowing onto the floor at school during gym class.

Gryphon

White Belt
Reaction score
One of my co-workers is a high ranked Tae Kwon Do instructor. I've never taken Tae Kwon Do and I've never trained with him, but I have to fight the urge to bow every time I see him.

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I always prefer that people bow before me and refer to me as "Master". ... Of course, that has nothing to do with martial arts; it's just a power thing. lol

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Yeah, I've used the bow in some non-martial arts situations just by habit!
I carry over the slight bow of the head as well as handing something over to someone else with the other hand under the elbow. White people look at me funny, but folks of the Asian persuasion smile.

Latest Discussions