You can never have enough newbies ...

DeltaDawn

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi! I'm Dawn. I've been studying Isshinryu Karate for five years next month; I have my first degree black belt. Still feel like very much a newbie and awed by everything there is to learn. Working hard towards my 2nd degree in Isshinryu and studying some American Kenpo, but also fascinated by Filipino Martial Arts.

I'm also a writer and always looking for opportunities to blend the things I love together! I've been a member of martialtalk for a long time, but never really active. Hoping to lurk, listen and learn-- maybe even talk once in a while. :)

Thanks!

Dawn

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome! Everyone gets that slice of humble pie after they pass their Shodan test, it takes about six months before the light bulb goes off and you say to yourself "I don't know anything". as a friend of mine says " always leave your cup with room before it spills over, or just get a bigger cup!"

Since your a writer, we need people to amp up the blogging portion of the website...*hint*...*hint*

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Dawn. There are a lot of opportunities for martial arts discussion and interaction here on Martial Talk. Hope to see you on the boards from time to time, enjoy........

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome Dawn,
Happy to see you have decided to do some posting. Jump in on some of the topics you have thoughts about or some you have questions about

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
Glad to see that I am not the only longtime member that never posted. Welcome aboard.

OP
D

DeltaDawn

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! I will definitely check out the blogging portion-- I totally missed that somehow. :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome Dawn! Looking forward to seeing more of your posts and hopefully some of your writing :asian:

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, Dawn!
Please never lose that "I feel like a beginner" mindset. It seems that whenever we feel like we know something, life has a way of proving us wrong.
At least that's how it works with me, anyway :).

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm an Isshinryu student as well. Ni-Kyu, been training 4 years. Look forward to hearing your perspectives.

Latest Discussions