You always attack first

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
As I recall, this fight was started by a straight up, internet beef.... where they were keyboard warrior'ing all over the place about which styles are better, but both sides ending up having the balls to back up their mouths and put their reputations on the line. Before this fight, I think there were 2 other fights and the kid that won, you can clearly see the animosity. Good stuff. I give both camps props to actually backing up their mouths.

Animosity is not putting your hand behind your back. The boxer was phoning that one in.

Which happens to me a lot.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's more like an example of a more skilled fighter with a reach and height advantage fighting a lesser skilled fighter.

Yeah but what situation would you find that?

Certainly not a trained fighter in a street altercation.

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Animosity is not putting your hand behind your back. The boxer was phoning that one in.

Which happens to me a lot.

I meant the fight before this one.....it's in another video. That guy was still enraged, and this was after he beat his internet rival up.

There was also lots of internet beef between this WC Master vs. this tall Boxer (according to the Boxer), but they kept it chilled in person. I think the hand behind the back was some showboating to subtly rub it in.

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ya the guy who also carries a gun and knife.
But you know us taijiquan guys don't fight Fair would shake hands before the match and bring you close to stab. Or possibly hit you with a car we will call it using peng.

;)

Ooh scary, that's why I carry a 9mm with hollow points.

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have tried to find this clip for some time. This is a good example that

left/right hooks > jab/cross.

You can clearly see that when the short guy used right jab, the tall guy used left hook. That left hook not only can stop his opponent's jab, it also can hit on his opponent's head at the same time.

There's no exact formula for this. The WC guy was just outclassed. Not only was the Boxer a better fighter, he also had an enormous reach advantage.

If anything, this video disproves your notion of going first being the best idea. Because the Boxer countered the hell out of the WC guy. This was some serious counter-fighting here.

As a little guy, counter-fighting is usually the best bet vs. someone with this much reach advantage.

Now if you're the little guy and still want to go first, you'd have to be a good pressure fighter, a la Mike Tyson. But that Peek-A-Boo style, ain't easy at all. And Wing Chun seems to go banzai, straight in, stiff like a board and at a constant level = not good.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm not gay and don't resort to snitching to admis like you, but thanks though.
Since when does measuring one's height make you gay? Also for the 3rd time i didn't report you to mods, your comment and opinions would have to make me actually care and acknowledge it's worth for me to do so.

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Since when does measuring one's height make you gay? Also for the 3rd time i didn't report you to mods, your comment and opinions would have to make me actually care and acknowledge it's worth for me to do so.

Surrreeeee. :(

Latest Discussions