Yoshida Clan and Kenpo?

Mekugi

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I do believe that in their area, "*.* Ha Itto-Ryu" was practiced. I put *.* here because I am not sure of the "flavor" and this is all coming from memory. Hope that helps.

John Bishop said:
Back to the main topic.
Can anyone provide independant information that supports the premise, that at any time in history, the Yoshida Clan practiced Kosho Ryu Kenpo?
By independant, I mean information that is not rooted in the theory that Al Tracy has put forth. In other words, is there supporting evidence for Mr. Tracy's theory?

Mekugi

Orange Belt
Reaction score
古松 Komatsu, Kosho or Furumatsu; if the person is exotic or weird, possibly Furusho. Ko is Furui, or "old" as in KOryu 古流. Matsu, well you all know that. Usually, if you have two kanji side by side in a word or a name, they are usually both Onyomi ("Chinese" pronunciation) or both Kunyomi(Japanese Pronunciation). There are of course exeptions to the rule in names and words.

BlackCatBonz said:
As for the Komatsu name, yes it could be read "old pine tree".... (as i do not have a japanese input editor on this PC i cannot give an example)....BUT only if thats the kanji used.
shawn

K

Karazenpo

John Bishop said:
Simple solution. Have someone you know in Hawaii go to the Hawaii State Department of Health, and look up the birth certificates of a "Masayoshi Mitose" and a "Junichi Ito-kazu". Then tell us which one you find with James Mitose's picture on it. The answer is pretty simple since one does not exist for a "Masayoshi Mitose".
I've seen the "Mitose" birth documents posted on another kenpo website today, and they've been copied and faxed (by Jaime Abregana) to the Hawaii Department of Health. According to them the documents are not legitimate. According to them all Hawaii government documents of that time had the "Seal of the Territory of Hawaii" on them.

Good John, like I stated, after what Dan Rather and CBS News tried to pass off as legitimate documents last Wednesday night on 60 Minutes I'm not going to buy it just because someone posts a copy of a copy on a website!

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
hey russ,

just let me know if im totally out to lunch as far as my japanese goes, or my history.

im here to learn like everyone else, and you being immersed in the culture is different from my exposure.

thanks
shawn

kelly keltner

Black Belt
Reaction score
John Bishop said:
Simple solution. Have someone you know in Hawaii go to the Hawaii State Department of Health, and look up the birth certificates of a "Masayoshi Mitose" and a "Junichi Ito-kazu". Then tell us which one you find with James Mitose's picture on it. The answer is pretty simple since one does not exist for a "Masayoshi Mitose".
I've seen the "Mitose" birth documents posted on another kenpo website today, and they've been copied and faxed (by Jaime Abregana) to the Hawaii Department of Health. According to them the documents are not legitimate. According to them all Hawaii government documents of that time had the "Seal of the Territory of Hawaii" on them.
Just a side note did anyone ask the vital records section to cross reference the index and application numbers.

kelly

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi, I saw the news over at San Jose Kenpo, I was reading a couple of posts regarding all the stuff Dr. Sumner is going to put up and has put on his site, then he was saying that everything he has is not the truth, I guess he is devistated, something about the stinking records, we got no sticking records.

Now that the bubble is bursted and all the stuff he has is for nought, what are we going to do? :idunno:

Why don't we get a hold of Thomas Mitose and get him into this after all he is the 22nd right. So how come no one is bustin his butt about this? He is with the board of directors of the Kajukenbo organization, is there something here I am missing.

Maybe it is not quite as clear as mud. But we need to find out what the agenda really is.

Kosho gives you information, much from various souls who are involved, Dr. Ted Sumner gives you information, digs into his many hundreds of pages of good stuff, shows them on his web. I have not heard anything at all to disprove.

How about Thomas who claims to be the head of Kosho. I think it is time he showed his stuff.
Did I already say this? Yes, numerous times, and no one has said anything about it.
One of the good things that has come out of this is, it is to deep to go away.

John, do we have enough for a search warrant yet?:)

I was talking to Kell, who was talking to Mike, who was talking to Hanshi Bruce, who isn't talking. So That is the position we are in. Anyone going to the Gathering? When and where all the information will be disclosed?:partyon:
Can't wait.

Regards, Gary

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kelly,

Did I tell you about the guy I have in Chinatown who can get me those records, Actually he can get me any kind of records, he has a friend in Hawaii who has a friend in Japan who is going to check into it, and will get back to me next week.

He actually has the signature of William Chow on Emperado's Black belt degree. Funny thing it does not match the one on Ed Parkers.:ultracool

Regards, Gary

kelly keltner

Black Belt
Reaction score
GAB said:
Kelly,

Did I tell you about the guy I have in Chinatown who can get me those records, Actually he can get me any kind of records, he has a friend in Hawaii who has a friend in Japan who is going to check into it, and will get back to me next week.

He actually has the signature of William Chow on Emperado's Black belt degree. Funny thing it does not match the one on Ed Parkers.:ultracool

Regards, Gary
Hey gary I know the same guy. It's the guy that takes care of those thingy's for that other guy who works for you know who, and you know nothing ever happens without you know whose approval, and all his official stuff has his official you know what on it . But to see the you know what you have to talk to that guy we know, but the guy we know is on vacation, so we have to talk to his secretary. I have a cousin who has a friend who is married to a guy who has a brother who is dating the secretary. So I'm pretty confident that we can get an appointment on a tuesday or a thursday three months from now depending on how well you know who's moday night poker game went. If it went bad he'll be you know where the rest of the week trying to recoupe his money. So I'm certain that I can without a doubt state the facts at hand without you know who's approval. SSHH don't tell anyone

kelly

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi Kell,

You mean to tell me you don't take me serious? I am hurt to the quick! :uhyeah:

I will picture your face, on the bouncing bag that I will be hitting this morning in the next couple of hours, (since I am old and have no other recourse) maybe I could take a pill. :mp5:

Mean-while, I have got to find that informant's number in Chinatown. Or was it Hollywood? All these informants and so little time.:rolleyes:

Regards, Gary:asian:

kelly keltner

Black Belt
Reaction score
GAB said:
Hi Kell,

You mean to tell me you don't take me serious? I am hurt to the quick! :uhyeah:

I will picture your face, on the bouncing bag that I will be hitting this morning in the next couple of hours, (since I am old and have no other recourse) maybe I could take a pill. :mp5:

Mean-while, I have got to find that informant's number in Chinatown. Or was it Hollywood? All these informants and so little time.:rolleyes:

I have the number it's in my super secret squirrell handy dandy informant little black phone book. It's in code It'll take me a couple years to decode cause I lost my green lantern decoder ring that John Bishop sent me.:rolleyes:
Go ahead and beat the bag you can even ask if you can use ecrima sticks that your teacher will sell you at a discount (wink,wink). While you're doing that I'm going to call another guy about that other thing we disscussed yesterday to see what kind of price I can get on those you know whats. For who you know who's thing next week. Oh sh** that's also in code.

kell

OP
John Bishop

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Surprising how when some people run out of arguments or information, they stoop to insults and name calling. You want to play that game, take it to another forum.

I made a simple statement. Have someone you know and trust in Hawaii (I'm sure SKSK has someone they know and trust in Hawaii) go to the Department of Health's vital records section and just look up the names. The records are old, but their still on microfilm. And if you find what I said is incorrect, please come back here and correct me.

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have to make an apology, I was just getting goofy, it seems every time someone brings up something good it gets hammered, then the next thing that makes sense, it gets no attention and we go to something else.:idunno:

I am serious when I ask about Thomas and his connection, the last time I was on his web site I saw a referrel to Terry Lee's Martial Art? Does that make sense?

I have been reading about Gichin Funakoshi, He has some very good information, I am going to start an new thread on it. The remarks are about Kempo so would it be alright to start the thread in the General Kenpo/Kempo area?:idunno:

kelly keltner

Black Belt
Reaction score
John Bishop said:
Surprising how when some people run out of arguments or information, they stoop to insults and name calling. You want to play that game, take it to another forum.

I made a simple statement. Have someone you know and trust in Hawaii (I'm sure SKSK has someone they know and trust in Hawaii) go to the Department of Health's vital records section and just look up the names. The records are old, but their still on microfilm. And if you find what I said is incorrect, please come back here and correct me.
Never mistake having a sense of humor for having no information. Just like you should never mistake silence for a lack of information. I don't see where anyone was called a name. I don't see an overt insult. The only time your name came up was in reference to my greenlantern decoder ring. Which was at worst just a joke. I've decided I like this forum I think I'll stay.

kelly keltner

Black Belt
Reaction score
One other thing, since your the moderator John, and you have some kind of power and authority. Where were you when I was getting hit with the whole Mitose worship thing on a different thread. Isn't that name calling, at the least insulting. I guess it's ok when it's the other guy getting hammered. This sure isn't Fox news fair and balanced. Those were straight insults. No Jokes no Puns Just insults and you stood Idly by as a Moderator. In fact the only mod that said anything was SEIG if I remember correctly he wasn't even commenting on any of the statements directed towards me. I am speaking directly about the Kosho thread that was locked a few weeks ago.
Yet you stand here now telling people to take it to a different forum for having a sense of humor.

kelly

OP
John Bishop

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
kelly keltner said:
One other thing, since your the moderator John, and you have some kind of power and authority. Where were you when I was getting hit with the whole Mitose worship thing on a different thread. Isn't that name calling, at the least insulting. I guess it's ok when it's the other guy getting hammered. This sure isn't Fox news fair and balanced. Those were straight insults. No Jokes no Puns Just insults and you stood Idly by as a Moderator. In fact the only mod that said anything was SEIG if I remember correctly he wasn't even commenting on any of the statements directed towards me. I am speaking directly about the Kosho thread that was locked a few weeks ago.
Yet you stand here now telling people to take it to a different forum for having a sense of humor.

kelly
Well actually, I'm not "the" moderator. I'm one of the three moderators for the Kenpo sections.
I found the thread your talking about. And yes at the time I had been a moderator for about a week. You'll notice in the whole 10 pages of that thread, I made one post toward the end. And at that time I was on vacation out of state for two weeks and wasn't really doing any moderating, and actually very little reading. I'm positive I did not read the whole 10 page thread, since I was only able to get internet service about 3 days of the two week vacation.
But rest assured, your not being picked on. The rules around here apply to everyone, myself included.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
John Bishop said:
The rules around here apply to everyone, myself included.
Yes Mr. Bishop, that is true, (you and I will be held accountable for our actions if we get out of line like anyone else and accept it as well), but I have always known you to be a man of integrity and honesty especially when concerned with our Arts.

Full Salute,
:asian:

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
kelly keltner said:
I hear the swampland is cheap in Florida this time of year.

kelly
And James Mitose was a spy! And he was protecting secrets. Yea that's the ticket.

Latest Discussions