yoh

Drakanyst

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hey folks! i'm not really "new" in the sense that my account was made a while ago. i have, however, been a lurker. got about fourteen years of martial arts experience and going. currently i'm training at a university in korea with a major in taekwondo security.

while i may not be the eldest, best, etc, if you have any questions i can answer, i'm here.

[also a student of japanese, korean, and spanish language. feel free to message in any of these languages.]

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi Drakanyst

Welcome. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Glad you've decided to emerge from the shadows. :)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk. Glad to see we haven't scared you away with all your lurking. :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, bro.

Orange Lightning

Purple Belt
Reaction score
hey folks! i'm not really "new" in the sense that my account was made a while ago. i have, however, been a lurker. got about fourteen years of martial arts experience and going. currently i'm training at a university in korea with a major in taekwondo security.

while i may not be the eldest, best, etc, if you have any questions i can answer, i'm here.

[also a student of japanese, korean, and spanish language. feel free to message in any of these languages.]

There is.... a whole college course in taekwondo? Plus security?

That strikes me as incredibly awesome and hilarious. Dude you literally major in kicking people. xD That's great. I didn't know that was a thing. Congrats on that. :)

Welcome by the way. :D

OP
Drakanyst

Drakanyst

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ahah, yeah- that's the neat thing. Over on this side, martial arts are often viewed the way say other colleges see soccer. It's a sport, so therefore it falls in the range of sports and recreation majors. Some universities have the security side- body guard training, law courses and the like. My current university is one such location.

Latest Discussions