YogaÂ…so peaceful

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Too darn peacefull actually.... and I donÂ’t want to be that peaceful

A few years back I got in to Kripalu Yoga and I liked it. But one day after about 6 weeks in class I was laying on the floor at the end of class in Savasana when I had the thoughtÂ…"YogaÂ…how very peacefulÂ…Â… but I do not really want to be this peacefulÂ…IÂ’m happy there are people that areÂ… but IÂ’m not one of themÂ…."

And I never went back to classÂ…. I would go back and work with Power Yoga or go train a bit with a friend who is a Hatha/Iyengar teacher from time to time but I have to admit I never really had a regular practice (meaning everyday) like I did back in my days of Kripalu that lasted all that long.

The past month and a half (6 weeks :hmm:) I started a regular practice again because my last bough of injuries has left me feeling old and stiff and now my hips hurt if I sit too longÂ….

Today… driving into work I had a thought “Yoga…how very peaceful…… but I do not really want to be this peaceful…I’m happy there are people that are… but I’m not one of them….” It seems that 6 weeks is about all the peaceful I can take.. and at least this time I was not in Savasana

I have not had that thought since I left KripaluÂ….. Now I am not going to stop because it is helping me loosen up a bitÂ…. But I may have to start listening to Megadeth when I do yoga... however I am not sure how much my family will appreciate that at 5:30 in the morning :D

NSRTKD

Green Belt
Reaction score
Lol!! I find yoga very peaceful, and I like to spend about a quarter or my workout time being peaceful and the rest being more "actively" active. But to be fair, the yoga I do is Vinyasa, and not very quiet movements at all. :)

ChuckyD

White Belt
Reaction score
Yoga is incredible for the mind, body and spirit. For other newbies, just be sure to start slow and learn from a good instructor, otherwise you'll be searching for Los Angeles doctors like me when I tore my groin. Ouch!