Yeah, I voted. Still not happy.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dont worry Billmattocks, all future tickets given to you by that officer will have nothing to do with your e-mailing the sherrif. It will just be a coincidence...:angel:

I wonder how much misuse of the automotive databases will occur trying to find some guy named Wigwam Jones? :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wonder how much misuse of the automotive databases will occur trying to find some guy named Wigwam Jones? :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Many moons ago (before my time with the department) Deputies actually stopped a car that the license plate came back to a registered owner with the last name of "Thunderpussy". Before the days of in-car computers, dispatch had to say over the air the name etc. They all had a copy of the plate and anytime a new dispatch person started, one of them would call out the plate to see how they reacted.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
My voting place has been the little Catholic church around the corner for over a decade.

Anyone else find it ironic with all the talk about seperation of church and state and we can't have any hint at religion talk here, that most voting polls are in churches?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Anyone else find it ironic with all the talk about seperation of church and state and we can't have any hint at religion talk here, that most voting polls are in churches?

Yeah, it couldn't be that religious people are more likely to donate their time and land to what they see as a good cause, but, rather must MUST MUST have some nefarious purpose.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know... In my area, most polling places are schools. Maybe in others, they use churches because they're buildings with parking, space for the polling... and not typically in use on a Tuesday...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
These are concepts that sound a bit strange to me. I have never voted in a church, even growing up I have never gone to the polls with my parents and gone to a church. We have either gone to a school or to some sort of civic building, much like I have done as an adult.

Also I have never heard of a polling place determining the polling workers? I always thought the city or town had the responsibility of defining the polling places and then staffing them, usually with volunteers. Am I mistaken?

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
These are concepts that sound a bit strange to me. I have never voted in a church, even growing up I have never gone to the polls with my parents and gone to a church. We have either gone to a school or to some sort of civic building, much like I have done as an adult.

Also I have never heard of a polling place determining the polling workers? I always thought the city or town had the responsibility of defining the polling places and then staffing them, usually with volunteers. Am I mistaken?

Same here. We actually actively avoid religious institutions because members of some faith will not enter other faith's builduings.

In Canada, for Federal and Provincial elections, the pooling places are manned by members of the political parties. Representatives of all major parties.
Municipal elections, because they are party-less, are staffed by volunteers.

Latest Discussions