Yeah, but ... how many knives do you REALLY need?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So, I've been going through my house, turning over a new leaf as it were and this involves going through every nook and cranny. Well ... :rolleyes:

... I opened up my bottom dresser drawer which is where I store some old belts, outgrown kids uniforms, braces, wraps, splints, slings ... and guess what I found?

A COLLECTOR'S SET OF KNIVES given to me by a friend a few years ago - each one represents a different branch of the military. It was a KEWL gift and ... and ... and I found KNIVES!!! :boing1::boing2::boing1:

It is always to find something you have otally forgot about. Good for you

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I found more, actually, in places I had hidden them in case of urgent need and ... urgent need hasn't occurred as yet.

My train of thought is if I plan on having some at immediate disposal like this, I'm going to need a lot more than I have, because I might be carrying light that day ... and it's a GREAT excuse to buy ... MORE KNIVES!!

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
YOu can't have too many.

As long as your wife doesn't find your collection, at which time you may be forced to decrease it a bit until you find a better hiding place. :)
I guess I'm lucky, but my wife wants the bigger ones. like swords. She's really not interested until it's over a foot and a half long.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Considering that one likely carries at least two knives and hides several around the home and in the vehicle, how many knives must you really own?

All of them. All of them. ALL OF THEM!

(knives-hehe-I like knives....)

I shouldn't even begin to count-seriously, do I count the ones for the kitchen as well??Do I leave out swords?

I mean, isn't this a question better asked about guns? I can at least reliably count those.....

althaur

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I guess I'm lucky, but my wife wants the bigger ones. like swords. She's really not interested until it's over a foot and a half long.

Wow! It's a good thing my wife has smacked all of the gutter thoughts out of my head or that could have been taken really really badly. :angel:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last night one for cutting the salad and another to cut the bread and another one to slice the meat and before I forget one for the butter so the childern could put it on there breadf so I guess 4 was all I needed.
I'll let you know about tonight

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm getting knife envy here! :D :D

Right now I only have one...the Spyderco.

I do have my eyes on...more than one ;)

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm getting knife envy here! :D :D

Right now I only have one...the Spyderco.

I do have my eyes on...more than one ;)
Don't resisit it. Just give in now and waste all your money of knives. You really don't need food do you? Give in and life will be much easier!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't resisit it. Just give in now and waste all your money of knives. You really don't need food do you? Give in and life will be much easier!

...so...tempting...the...urge...is...calling...to...me... ;)

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
It was a sad day when I put all my knives in a packing box to sit in a garage at my parents when I came overseas (didn't think the airline nor customs would appreciate a 10" SpecOps bolo strapped to my leg).

At any rate, how many do I really need? None. How many do I want? Heh... an easier question would be how many DON'T I want... :D

I miss my Spyderco Endura, I miss my bolo, I miss my 5" double-serrated-blade boot knife.... Yeah... making me all misty here... :(

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It was a sad day when I put all my knives in a packing box to sit in a garage at my parents when I came overseas (didn't think the airline nor customs would appreciate a 10" SpecOps bolo strapped to my leg).

At any rate, how many do I really need? None. How many do I want? Heh... an easier question would be how many DON'T I want... :D

I miss my Spyderco Endura, I miss my bolo, I miss my 5" double-serrated-blade boot knife.... Yeah... making me all misty here... :(
The airlines wouldn't have liked them on your person or in your carryon, but I had no problems taking quite a few knives with me when I got PCSd to Germany.

Jeff

Latest Discussions