yay, I graduated!

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thankyou everyone! My job hunt is going terribly (the IT market here is currently, well, knackered to be honest...) but I haven't given up yet!

Private kenpo lessons anyone? Good rates....!

Ian.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by satans.barber
Thankyou everyone! My job hunt is going terribly (the IT market here is currently, well, knackered to be honest...) but I haven't given up yet!

Private kenpo lessons anyone? Good rates....!

Ian.
Does that come with a complimentary plane ticket?

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig
Does that come with a complimentary plane ticket?

Hehe, unfortunately not! I don't think I could teach you anything that you don't already know a lot better than myself anyway Mr. Seigel!

Ian.

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So, how's the job situation?

I still don't have a job despite lots and lots of applying :(

Excellent Job. Looks like a couple of Proud Parents there as well!!

btw, how much are lessons?

Thankyou!

I didn't have to pay anything. It doesn't work the same way as in America - generally people have to pay ~£1400/year which are called 'tuition fees' and go to the University, this is a proportion of about £6,000/year total tuition fees but the government pays the difference. Up until a few years ago, the government paid the full amount.

However, that's the maximum amount, and the contributions for each student are means tested, so indiviuals pay somewhere in the range £0 - 1,400. Being from a low income family, I didn't actually have to pay anything with it being means tested, as I was at the bottom of the scale.

There's also no difference in fees from University to University, regardless of calibre, unlike in the States where, as I understand it, better quality Universities (so called 'Ivy League' universities etc.) cost more money.

Ian.

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
Still no luck? :(

Nope, got another FOAD letter from the Highways Agency just this morning. Each time I get a letter that says another application has failed, it just makes me feel worse and worse and worse... :(

I filled in a really long application for the Police Force last week to go work in the computer forensics lab. I'm hoping that I may be able to get somewhere with that as the job sounds great, and the pay is good too, but I'm not too hopeful as it seems like quite a high calibre job.

I've just this minute finished filling one out to go and work at the University, which is terrible pay as it's a trainee position (computer technician in the School of Biology), but I thought it was worth a go anyway!

Thanks for asking,

Ian.