Yang Zhenji

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I read on a forum somewhere that Yang Zhenji (the 2nd son of Yang Cheng-fu) had died. However I can't find confirmation anywhere. Can anyone throw any light on this?

Very best wishes

OP
East Winds

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Xue SHeng,

Many thanks for that information. Do you have a source?

Very best wishes

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Saw it posted on Empty Flower and the statement is that it is in the latest issue of Tai Chi magazine. I do not usually get it but I am going to pick it up if I can find it.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
East Winds - Xue was right, the article appears on page 6 of the June 2007 issue of Tai Chi magazine.

OP
East Winds

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
grydth,

Many thanks for that information. Yang Zhen Ji was the true "gate holder" of the Yang Family tradition, however that now falls onto Yang Zhen Duo. The two brothers transmitted slightly different versions of their fathers form. In my opinion (and who am I to know!!!), Yang Zhen Ji's was the better/truer interpretation.

Very best wishes

jurat13

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Isn't Yang Jun the current bearer of the Yang family style? Is it in good hands with him?

Respectfully,

Walter Boyd

Taijiguy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
That's sad :( I didn't know he existed until today. Stumbled on a video of him after seeing the name.

OP
East Winds

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
taijiguy,

If you are interested, here is a biography of Yang Zhen Ji translated from the Chinese by Lois Swaim who translated some of the Yang family taijiquan books from Chinese to English. My own form comes directly from Yang Zhen Ji, but we are considered the "Black Sheep" of the family tradition!!
icon7.gif

http://www.yangfamilytaichi.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000161.html

Very best wishes

Latest Discussions