Yang or Wudang Style

celtic bhoy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I live in the UK and I am toying with the idea of trying Tai Chi. Although I am aware of the reputed stress relief in practicing Tai Chi, I am very interested in the martial side as well.

There is 2 styles advertised in my area, Yang and Wudang Style.

The Yang stylist is (according to his website) taught by Su Yapling and Xing Wei Yung in China, anybody heard of these people?

The Wudang stylist is taught by Dan Docherty who is reputed to be very good at the combat side.

As I'm totally ignorant about Tai Chi, could anyone tell me the difference between the styles and what I would expect to learn from each style.

Any help would be appreciated.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
thanks or the link to the Wudang style i had never incountered it befor that I can remember

Laoshi77

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

Dan Docherty is very good and so is Wudang style.

Personally i am studying Yang style. It really depends who teaches what, because some teachers just teach Taijiquan for its health benefits. From a holistic view, it should be taught as a martial art.

All the best!

yipman_sifu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hi there friends, if you want to know about Sun Taichi of master Sun Lutang, this might be useful. http://www.suntaichi.com/

Freind Laoshi, hope that everything is alright. If you have time, you can visit the Wing Chun boards.

Wish you all the best

Regards
Yipman_Sifu