Yahoo: The day is done and still no UFC apology for Liddell video

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
02-26-2010 10:45 PM:
ept_sports_mma_experts-671960121-1267224921.jpg
Outrageous! A Chuck Liddell video "leaked" yesterday featuring "The Iceman" and his girlfriend working out in the nude. Since the UFC opened the door and let in the PC police in earlier the week, where is the apology? Liddell's actions are offensive and we know actions speak louder than words, right?

Of course, I'm being sarcastic. UFC management opened the apology can of worms by forcing Frank Mir to apologize for his Brock Lesnar comments. When you listen to the smallest minority and cater to their false outrage, you risk jumping on a slippery slope.

You don't think Mir was forced? Funny, two days after his "heartfelt apology" where he said he respected Lesnar, he told Cage Potato the whole thing was ridiculous.

"When I got called in and they told me, 'Listen man, this is an issue,' I kind of had a smirk on my face the whole time. I was like, you're kidding, right? This is a joke, right?"

As far as the smutty video, it looks like Liddell and the UFC won't apologize which is wise. Go back to being anti-establishment.

That may be the idea behind the Liddell workout video in the first place. TMZ is claiming that the naked frolicking was a viral ad pushing Liddell's new sponsor Reebok. Sadly, I never noticed the sneakers.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.

Latest Discussions