Yahoo: Serra says Trigg's pity parade isn't working

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
02-05-2010 10:30 AM:

They're two of the best talkers in MMA but your chops can only take you so far if you're not racking up W's. It's back against the wall time for both Frank Trigg and Matt Serra at UFC 109. Trigg lost his return fight to the UFC back in September while Serra has lost two straight but he's also a former UFC welterweight champ and a participant on two seasons of "The Ultimate Fighter." He's in a little safer spot in terms job security over his opponent Trigg. If he's not fighting, Serra also has a successful chain of gyms to fall back on. Meanwhile, Trigg faces an uncertain post-fighting future in the media. He's joked that if he gets dumped by the UFC, he's done fighting and he may have to work in the fast food business.

"He's seriously depressing me," joked Serra. "I don't want to hear anything this guy's saying anymore. The guy's talking about working at a fast food place if this don't work out. Dude! You're not getting the pity win, bro. It's not happening. I got a family too."

Chuckles aside, Serra knows that Trigg has the ultimate motivation to win tomorrow in the first fight on the pay-per-view telecast.

"It freaks me out when he talks like that [but] he's got his back against the wall so he's a dangerous guy."

Serra said fans shouldn't write off Trigg because he suffered a quick loss versus Josh Koscheck at UFC 103.

"He's tough. He wasn't looking for no easy way out [of the Koscheck fight]. And he's beaten out a lot of tough guys. I've prepared for a war but i think there's a lot of pressure on him. He might have trouble pulling the trigger. I'm a cool dude in a loose mood. I'm gonna pull the trigger."

Serra may also have a future in television. Maybe Dana White can pull some strings get Spike to bring back Comedy Central's old "Man Show," this time starring Serra and his trainer Ray Longo. Serra's recent video blogs with Longo were hilarious.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.