X-Men 3 trailer

OP
Navarre

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, Hugh Jackman isn't 5'3" and 195 lbs either but he does well as Wolverine. Sir Ian McKellan isn't twice the size of Elijah Wood but they looked appropriate in Lord of the Rings.

You can do a lot with forced perspective and other effects. I'd prefer that to complete CGI. Even at its best CGI would look odd intermingled with the live actors.

I also just saw that they have added Psylocke to the film as well. She'll be on Magneto's side though.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Navarre said:
Well, Hugh Jackman isn't 5'3" and 195 lbs either but he does well as Wolverine. Sir Ian McKellan isn't twice the size of Elijah Wood but they looked appropriate in Lord of the Rings.

You can do a lot with forced perspective and other effects. I'd prefer that to complete CGI. Even at its best CGI would look odd intermingled with the live actors.

I also just saw that they have added Psylocke to the film as well. She'll be on Magneto's side though.

You see jugs in the trailer and he's about normal size,when you are talking about characters like wolverine it doesnt matter so much since whats 3 inches? turning a character that big and making him that small is a little silly espeacailly when you consider the main characteristic's of that charater is his size.doubt it will effect the film that bad though.

OP
Navarre

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
No, if they don't make any effort to make him look huge I agree that it isn't consistent with the character. When I think of Juggernaut I think of someone almost equal to the Hulk in size.

Some characters are simply different. Most notably, Rogue is very different from the comic version, both in appearance and personality.

They'll still do a fine job I hope. With a new director you never know. But if it's as good as the last two then it'll be awesome.

Cujo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Can't wait to see the movie. I'm also amazed to find this many comic book geeks here. (don't take offense, I'm one also).

Pax
Cujo