www.haineskenpo.com

OP
C

CoolKempoDude

Originally posted by compsolver
no im not one of his students. just a person that was looking at a place to train. im not trumpeting his system as a free advertisement either. after having met Mr. Haines in person and viewing his classes and talking with him about his history with Larry Tatum per the Tatum link that someone posted i feel he's being honest. despite some of the negative comments on this thread about it i'm going to train there in the future. I sure wish some of the people with doubts that've posted were local to see what what i've experienced.

good luck with your training. If you have any problem in your learning from this place, i hope you don't tell us anything

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolKempoDude
i am not a student of larry tatum. Oh yeah, you get a BB from this or that person doesn't mean that you are GOOD because if people are willing to pay for it and don't train hard, they can get what they want.

i'm tired of seeing people start to sell their own video tapes after creating their own SYSTEM and having a dojo for *several* years when they are NOT recognized by other in MA.

this kind of SCAM needs to be STOPPED.

whether this person is this or that, i'll let other to decide. I simply speak out with passion about 1 particular topic.

i don't hesitate to make my point even though it p*sses off people.
Why is it a scam and why is it wrong? My instructor has his own video series; so, I'm curious why you are against videos and against the founding of organizations. Last I checked a "punch was a punch and a kick was a kick"BU
Sean
Ps I cant even begin to spell Urquedez so I that is whom I just quoted.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i am not a student of larry tatum. Oh yeah, you get a BB from this or that person doesn't mean that you are GOOD because if people are willing to pay for it and don't train hard, they can get what they want.

i'm tired of seeing people start to sell their own video tapes after creating their own SYSTEM and having a dojo for *several* years when they are NOT recognized by other in MA.

this kind of SCAM needs to be STOPPED.
So Larry sold a black belt to the wrong guy? Sombody should ask him to stop selling them black belts willy nilly, I suppose. Ive been thinking of purchasing my third degree, whats it run? :shrug:
Sean

OP
C

CoolKempoDude

Originally posted by Touch'O'Death
So Larry sold a black belt to the wrong guy? Sombody should ask him to stop selling them black belts willy nilly, I suppose. Ive been thinking of purchasing my third degree, whats it run? :shrug:
Sean

i DIDN'T say larry sold bb to anybody. Let get this fact straight.

i speak in "general" and didn't point finger to anybody.

many folks out there are willing to buy belts NOT knowledge and TRICK other to *learn* from them

OP
C

CoolKempoDude

Why is it a scam and why is it wrong? My instructor has his own video series; so, I'm curious why you are against videos and against the founding of organizations. Last I checked a "punch was a punch and a kick was a kick"BU
Sean
Ps I cant even begin to spell Urquedez so I that is whom I just quoted.

i don't say selling MA video is wrong. If you look around, you will see *almost everybody" who OWNS dojo starts to sell video to other.

it is getting out of control.

i fully explained my position about "www.haineskenpo.com"

there is no need for me to go back and repeat it again.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i don't say selling MA video is wrong. If you look around, you will see *almost everybody" who OWNS dojo starts to sell video to other.

it is getting out of control.

i fully explained my position about "www.haineskenpo.com"

there is no need for me to go back and repeat it again.
This is a free market economy(for the most part), and I don't see anything as being out of control persay. If your suggesting this form of money making and karate instruction should be brought under someones control then who should be in control? Your instructor? The karate police? What does other martial artists recognizing a name or not have to do with quality instruction? I reject that whole Mc Dojo concept anyway. Its not as if an eighth degree is going to magicly get one through the levels of skill faster or better than a 5th 6th or 7th degree. The hard work must be done by the student and only that student.
Sean

OP
C

CoolKempoDude

This is a free market economy(for the most part), and I don't see anything as being out of control persay. If your suggesting this form of money making and karate instruction should be brought under someones control then who should be in control? Your instructor? The karate police? What does other martial artists recognizing a name or not have to do with quality instruction? I reject that whole Mc Dojo concept anyway. Its not as if an eighth degree is going to magicly get one through the levels of skill faster or better than a 5th 6th or 7th degree. The hard work must be done by the student and only that student.
Sean

let me say this.

selling video is good as long as it is "LEGIT". I mean buying belt people should not sell any tapes to public because they already sold their soul and conscience

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So if a guy makes a living at the art he devotes his life too, he has sold his soul. Well thats just great. Any time a rap star crosses over he has sold out and now any time a martial artist sells his skills to the public so that they might learn to defend themselves, is a liar and a cheat. I've heard these types of sentiments before. You must be one of "those" people. Good luck in life my friend, and welcome to the USA.
Sean

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I didn't see anything saying that he gave rank by video--just that he had what amounts to curriculum videos?

I like having curriculum DVDs from my organization. I'm an old man--I can't be expected to remember everything! :D

OP
C

CoolKempoDude

So if a guy makes a living at the art he devotes his life too, he has sold his soul. Well thats just great. Any time a rap star crosses over he has sold out and now any time a martial artist sells his skills to the public so that they might learn to defend themselves, is a liar and a cheat. I've heard these types of sentiments before. You must be one of "those" people. Good luck in life my friend, and welcome to the USA.
Sean

you simply don't get it, do you????

if he devotes his life to buy belts from other people, i don't know what he really finds in his new system.

after buying belt or learn a couple years , a person can create a new MA system. I'm impressed

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
you simply don't get it, do you????

if he devotes his life to buy belts from other people, i don't know what he really finds in his new system.

after buying belt or learn a couple years , a person can create a new MA system. I'm impressed
So, he bought the belt from Larry Tatum and did not earn it? I thought we covered this already, and if you say, again, you don't mean Larry Tatum persay, then whom the hell are you talking about?:mad:
Sean

OP
C

CoolKempoDude

So, he bought the belt from Larry Tatum and did not earn it? I thought we covered this already, and if you say, again, you don't mean Larry Tatum persay, then whom the hell are you talking about?:mad:
Sean

if you want to know if this guy bought belt from larry tatum, why don't you ask larry???? why ask me???? i don't know anything about it.

what did i mean "HE"??? i simply response to your statement. Whatever "HE" you prefer to.

it seems to me that you are more confused when we discuss this.

a lot of MArtists buy belts out there. Don't you notice that?????

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score

According to Mr. Lear and Clyde O'brient, that would mean he knew the techs good enough to flow from one ideal to the next.

Let me get one thing straight with you... I presented this idea as a logical ideology for dealing with "what if" scenarios as they occur in Kenpo. Not a requirement for any rank. Please don't try to quote me out of context, and don't manipulate my statements to fit your crappy political agendas anymore! Thank you!

:soapbox:

So, he bought the belt from Larry Tatum and did not earn it? I thought we covered this already, and if you say, again, you don't mean Larry Tatum persay, then whom the hell are you talking about? :mad:

1.) Do you know Larry Tatum?

2.) Do you know Trevor Haines?

3.) Where did you get the idea that Larry Tatum sells rank?

4.) Do you have a personal issue that would make it necessary for you to attack Larry Tatum's character publicly?

5.) Do you have a personal issue that would make it necessary for you to attack Trevor Haines' character publicly?

6.) What do you gain/loose by stating things like this?

7.) What is your favorite color?

:asian:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
if you want to know if this guy bought belt from larry tatum, why don't you ask larry???? why ask me???? i don't know anything about it.

what did i mean "HE"??? i simply response to your statement. Whatever "HE" you prefer to.

it seems to me that you are more confused when we discuss this.

a lot of MArtists buy belts out there. Don't you notice that?????
What do you mean why am I asking you? Your the one making all the claims, I was pressing you for details.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bill Lear
Let me get one thing straight with you... I presented this idea as a logical ideology for dealing with "what if" scenarios as they occur in Kenpo. Not a requirement for any rank. Please don't try to quote me out of context, and don't manipulate my statements to fit your crappy political agendas anymore! Thank you!

:soapbox:

1.) Do you know Larry Tatum?

2.) Do you know Trevor Haines?

3.) Where did you get the idea that Larry Tatum sells rank?

4.) Do you have a personal issue that would make it necessary for you to attack Larry Tatum's character publicly?

5.) Do you have a personal issue that would make it necessary for you to attack Trevor Haines' character publicly?

6.) What do you gain/loose by stating things like this?

7.) What is your favorite color?

:asian:
Billy,
1. no
2. no
3. post on this thread made specificly by CoolKenpoDude.
4. I did no such thing
5. no, and once again I did no such thing
6. Clarification of posts made by Coolkenpodude
7. If I told you, then you would know.
8. I'll add eight... If you will read the posts I was trying to see "why" people think this guy is such a charlaton, I didn't start this thread, which you obviously didn't take the time to read
Sean:rolleyes:

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Billy,
1. no
2. no
3. post on this thread made specificly by CoolKenpoDude.
4. I did no such thing
5. no, and once again I did no such thing
6. Clarification of posts made by Coolkenpodude
7. If I told you, then you would know.
8. I'll add eight... If you will read the posts I was trying to see "why" people think this guy is such a charlaton, I didn't start this thread, which you obviously didn't take the time to read
Sean:rolleyes:

Further up on this thread you're implying that Larry Tatum sold rank to someone... can you explain that SEAN? or are you denying that now? :shrug:

OP
C

CoolKempoDude

What do you mean why am I asking you? Your the one making all the claims, I was pressing you for details.

what claims?????

i NEVER say Haines bought belt from larry tatum here. do not turn around and blame everything on me.

why don't you show my post which said "purchasing belt from larry tatum" here ????

if you can't do that, consider to drop your blaming game and BS here

you need to rest. It's a long day.

don't try to say something when you don't have anything to say because it doesn't look on you.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i *reviewed* his short clips in the web this afternoon;)

received BB from lary tatum and *create* his own system right away???

i'm impressed :)

you are RIGHT this guy is very smart.

the way he doesn't tell everybody who and where he received BB is a good reason NOT to come to *learn*

i don't deal *dishonesty* people because they are full of s**t and BS

the martial art world is bad because of these people.

the less these people are, the better our world is
Billy this is the type of post I was responding to; so, yes I deny that I was making these claims. Once again I was seeking proof of claims such as this. The Topic is Brian Hains(so I thought) and was wondering why he deserved this sort of review. Once again please read the posts on this thread and yes I deny any wrong doing.:)
Sean

Latest Discussions