WWII "Ukranian Underground" Veteran shoots alleged burglar

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.steubencourier.com/news_now/x1794934503/Man-who-shot-alleged-intruder-tells-his-story

Confronted with the sight of a man halfway through a bathroom window, Stephen Boyechko, 80, simply retrieved his .32 PPK/Walther and went back to confront the intruder. The man rushed Boyechko, who then shot him, reportedly in the abdomen and groin.

“I think I just surprised him,” Boyechko said. “I didn’t fire to kill him. I just shot, maybe a little low.”

Boyechko said upon seeing the man wriggling through the bathroom window “I asked him ‘Why you break my window?’ But I guess he didn’t hear me. So I went to get my gun.”

After the would-be intruder was shot, the two men waited in silence for police to respond to Boyechko’s 911 call.

They didn’t have anything to say, Boyechko recalled.

One more for the good guys.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
But he could come back after being let out....

I suggest he aim higher if there is a next time with that crook. The .32 ACP is not a good stopper, though it worked in this case, and so he needs better shot placement or a shotgun!

Cause if that guy comes back, he will take into account that man and his .32.

Deaf

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The guy spent his Jr High years fighting Nazis and Bolshevics. I doubt he`s gonna fold for some wanker crawling in a window.

Gaius Julius Caesar

Black Belt
Reaction score
You should not mess with people for reasons of being a good person.

You should not mess with people who lived through wars for safeety reasons, they are very dnagerous when threatend and can kill you with about the same emotion as eating a sandwich.

Latest Discussions