Wth!?!?!?!

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/..._Cover-Up_After_Shooting.htm?=protectandserve

"Tony believed he was going to die; the 911 tape records his plaintive goodbye to his family: '... I love you ... I love you.' Then Tony made what he believed was a dying request to the officers; he did not want his young family to see him shot and bloodied. Officers callously ignored his request and painfully dragged Tony by his injured leg, through the home and out to his backyard patio, where they left him bloodied and shot right in front of Lesley, Matthew and Zachary."
The Arambulas say the officers later dragged Anthony onto gravel, then put him on top of the hot hood of a squad car, and "drove the squad car down the street with Tony lying on top, writing in pain."

they shoot him 6 times and he LIVES? fire them for being lousy shots if nothing else.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
The initial shooting can possibly be understandable. Just because the homeowner told dispatch that he had the intruder at gunpoint doesn't mean that the info got back to the officers.

The way they dealt with the situation after the shooting is far more difficult to understand

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The initial shooting can possibly be understandable. Just because the homeowner told dispatch that he had the intruder at gunpoint doesn't mean that the info got back to the officers.

The way they dealt with the situation after the shooting is far more difficult to understand

The homeowner told the Sgt herself in person that her husband was holding the suspect at gunpoint:

When they approached the house, Lesley says, she told Sgt. Sean Coutts that her husband was inside holding the intruder at gunpoint. Lesley says Coutts failed to pass on that information to the two other officers.

The police appear to have made a rather huge mistake. At least from this reading.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
At least Sgt. Coutts did. It appears that the man who actually did the shooting thought the man holding the gun was the bad guy. Understandable. Dragging the guy around by the leg then driving him down the street on the hood of a squad car? That I don't understand.

This is a highly dangerous situation. Even other cops have been shot by responding officers in similar circumstances.

Last edited:

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
You've all heard of "too good to be true"....... but don't these cops appear perhaps too bad to be true? They sound almost like comic book villains. I wonder if that's because most of the story seems to be based upon a civil complaint in a lawsuit? The complaint, of course, tells only one side.

I'd be curious to see what the answering papers for the other side read.

Some of the alleged actions don't even make any sense at all, such as dragging the guy by the leg and driving him around on the squad car hood like a trophy deer. If one is trying to cover up a questionable shooting, who'd act this way in front of witnesses....and then in public?

Nowhere did I see what became of the actual criminal.

I'm going to withhold judgment until more comes out.

Latest Discussions