Wow, tacky!

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Pretty tacky, frankly.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...s-voting-to-barack-obama-to-losing-virginity/

[video=youtube_share;o6G3nwhPuR4]http://youtu.be/o6G3nwhPuR4[/video]

Dang, I'm on break at work and the filter won't let me view this. When I get home I want to see just how "tacky" it is. But, I'll be even more interested to get the reaction of my 17 year-old daughter, since I suspect she's closer to the target demographic than I am. Like a lot of young people these days, she's not offended by much.

Besides, I feel like I've been "called out" by the part of the article stating that this is something that most people wouldn't want their daughters to see.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dang, I'm on break at work and the filter won't let me view this. When I get home I want to see just how "tacky" it is. But, I'll be even more interested to get the reaction of my 17 year-old daughter, since I suspect she's closer to the target demographic than I am. Like a lot of young people these days, she's not offended by much.

Besides, I feel like I've been "called out" by the part of the article stating that this is something that most people wouldn't want their daughters to see.

I don't know if your daughter will be offended, I agree that the younger generation isn't shocked by much these days. But it's pretty 'double entendre' which is pretty edgy when you're talking about a young 'girl' becoming a 'woman' by 'doing it' for the President. It's just squicky to me. Tacky, tasteless, etc. How it affects young girls I have no idea; they may well just shrug off stuff like that. On the other hand, I am not sure it will have its intended effect with them either - I am not at all certain it would make a young woman want to 'lose it' for the president when described in those terms. Frankly, it was a Bill Clinton-esque icky to me.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Since our politicians seem to enjoy ****ing US so much...maybe it's an apt metaphor. :)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Y'all gotta know I'm not a fan of sexualizing stuff like this. Meh.

malteaser14

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm in the uk... But this would seriously have me thinking about voting for someone else. It is patronising more than anything!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which is worse:
A tongue in cheek ad like this, or the serious suggestion that the basic health services provided by Planned Parenthood should be unfunded?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The really icky part... her last name is the same as Obama's mom's...

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Which is worse:
A tongue in cheek ad like this, or the serious suggestion that the basic health services provided by Planned Parenthood should be unfunded?

Yeah, that's the 'worse criminal' argument. Rapists aren't so bad, after all, there are murderers out there.

As to Planned Parenthood, I don't really have a strong opinion there. Apparently, Texas has just succeeded in defunding PP by providing an alternate, state-run, program for women's health that does not receive federal funds. I'm not sure I am in favor of the decision Texas made, but I support state's rights. They lost their federal Medicare dollars but they control their own state. I have mixed feelings on that.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...arenthood-texas-gives-other-states-a-roadmap/

But I really don't see the two as comparable. It's a nice try to tie them together, but eh, no.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Which is worse:

Oh, don't get me wrong. No way in Screamin' Hell will Romney get my vote. An abysmal candidate at best.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
The move in Texas is a beginning gambet in an attempt to ban abortion in Texas. To do so they lose federal MediCAID dolllars, effecting many of the very poor in the state...and Texas has more than thier fair shar of very poor.

Medicaid and medicare are different programs. Medicaid is run by the individual states, but recieves federal money to offset the cost. Medicare is run by the federal government without state input.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wow, here is another take from the ad that this thread is all about...it is a little different than the first one...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator: