Wow, 3 months...

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, it has been three months since I have posted. I just wanted to say hi again. I have finally moved from Hawaii to Tennessee and I have been training in Budo Taijutsu with an actual instructor!!! I am really enjoying the Bujinkan training. I am working on the 9th Kyu requirements right now. I am just starting college again after getting out of the military. I am really excited about everything right now. Well, anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and succeeding in all you do. Talk to you all later.

Jason:ninja:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome back to the forum!!

Mike

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey, Jason! May I say that's a very excellent name you have there? :ultracool

I hope you're having fun with your training.

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome back, Jason! :wavey: Good luck with your training, & hopefully we'll hear more from you soon.

Take care,
Gin-Gin :)

OP
Satt

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
Hey Satt, glad to hear things are going well. What are you taking in school?
Thanks for the warm hello everyone. I am majoring in Biomedical Engineering. I may change my mind and just study Electrical though. Not sure yet you know. :idunno:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We had this discussion at my college, which recently added a Biomedical Engineering major. I strongly suggest Electrical Engineering instead. It's much easier to place them, and avoids the problem of studying 1/3 Elec. Eng., 1/3 Mech. Eng, and 1/3 Biology and ending up a jack of all trades and master of none, as so often happens in Biomed. Eng. programs.

It's traditional to get a BSEE and then a master's in Biomed. Eng., and I still think that that's best.

OP
Satt

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
arnisador said:
We had this discussion at my college, which recently added a Biomedical Engineering major. I strongly suggest Electrical Engineering instead. It's much easier to place them, and avoids the problem of studying 1/3 Elec. Eng., 1/3 Mech. Eng, and 1/3 Biology and ending up a jack of all trades and master of none, as so often happens in Biomed. Eng. programs.

It's traditional to get a BSEE and then a master's in Biomed. Eng., and I still think that that's best.
Oh thanks!!! I have been trying to get a straight answer about that for months and noone would say anything. I think that is actually what I will do. Plus there is an BSEE program much closer to me than the biomed one. Thanks again!!!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You're welcome! The whole faculty votes on programs where I teach, so we have extensive discussions. I really think you're much safer with an EE major and some bio. courses than an overly specialized and newer major. I've seen people get caught because of things like this.

Good luck!

Latest Discussions