would this gym be worth it?

xhappytimeharryx

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm EXTREMELY interested in getting into muay thay, but where i live, i cant seem to find any gyms on the internet.

The only one ive found, is http://www.texasbrasa.com/schedule.php

but this seems way too oriented on MMA and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

do you think i could get some good training here, or is it possible that there are some decent places that i wont be able to find on the internet.

i live in Midland, Texas BTW

Rob2109

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Personally i would avoid it - i doubt you are going to get much quality Thai-Boxing training. If it's the only place near you though i suppose it's better than nothing.

egg

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If you really want your main focus to be Muay Thai I strongly suggest you not to go there.

Personally I began learning Muay Thai at a place which focused on MMA. In the one hour I would learn drills and combos for about 10 minutes while 50 minutes would be focused on fitness; cardio and muscle development.

The place I go to now offers 3 and a half hours of Muay Thai training for the same price as one hour at the MMA place. (One hour of warming up and bagwork, two hours of thai pads with a partner then half an hour of sparring).

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
IMO mma gyms are great for training mma. They tend to leave a lot of actual muay thai out of the training. They use the kicks and knees, but there's more to muay thai than that.

grado

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
you can search for MMA instead of Muay Thai, In Taxes, pure muay thai camp is not easy to find, but do have some center to teach people MMA. This one is mixed muay thai, boxing, kickboxing.
You can learn this first.

Latest Discussions