Would-be Seattle ninja impaled on fence

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Odd news of the day...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091117/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_ninja_impaled

Seattle police say a man who thought he was ninja was impaled on a metal fence when he tried to leap over it.
Police spokeswoman Renee Witt wrote in a department Web site posting that officers thought the man might have been involved in the reported assault, but he insisted he was just a ninja trying to clear a 4- to 5-foot-
Witt says the man was "overconfident in his abilities," and that alcohol likely played a role.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
You think this is silly, just you wait on till Ninja Assassin and Ninja hits theaters. It's gonna be the 80's all over again with the ninja craze, only with kids who are slightly dumber and fatter = more hilarity for all.

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I saw this on the news last night except the anchor quoted the police rep as saying he was "overconfident in his ninja abilities", which just makes it funnier and had me and my wife cracking up.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You think this is silly, just you wait on till Ninja Assassin and Ninja hits theaters. It's gonna be the 80's all over again with the ninja craze, only with kids who are slightly dumber and fatter = more hilarity for all.

When the kiddie "ninjers" show up on MT, please direct them to youtube. Please please please...

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The guy who impaled himself sounds like a couple of wanna-be's that I know. One guy went out and bought almost $500.00 of "authentic" ninja stuff, clothes, clawed gloves, spiked boots, you name it... sheesh. Once asked me to go out with him in the woods and try to find him in the dark.
Yeah, right wearing all black and such... I was just walking around pretending to look here and there :rolleyes: waiting for him to pop up but he never did.
He claimed that he was behind me 80% of the time and several times I walked right by him hiding in plain sight. Sigh.

Wish I sold Ninja gear... I'd make a friggin fortune.