worst ever

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What is the worst thing that ever happen to you during a tournament, mine of course was the time my dobook pants split right down the middle while doing a 360 roundhouse and everybody could see my.... well you!!!!!
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Langdow

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hmm, that's a tough one, I think probably the worst thing (haha thing) was I was competing against a much MUCH taller person (same weight mind you) and I thought it would be funny to bow in standing on a chair, it was a regional just for fun tourney where everyone knows each other, however the other person I don't think took it as well as I hoped. Match consisted of him raining axe kicks down on me.

The worst thing (not haha thing) was getting axe kicked right underneath the eye, which caused my contact lens to slip to the back of the eyeball. Worst part of that was I couldn't see out of the one eye for the rest of the match . . . and it really REALLLY hurt like a bugger :uhyeah:

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Mine probably isn't all that bad, but I missed on a break that I KNEW I can do out of being nervous. I started out doing one form, and half way through, I finished with another one.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One of my very first tournaments (actually the hall of fame in Cleveland) I fought someone the same age as me but he was much heavier plus about a foot and a half taller. I lost 3-0 with him giving me a back knuckle on top of the head gear :rolleyes: . Geez, I mean in front of everyone there & I lost to a back knuckle. :idunno: It was more embarassing than anything else.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Going into the last tournament I was in with the flu. (The referee chided me on my poor conditioning during the sparring segment.)

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The worst thing I ever did was go to a tournament right after working 3rd shift the night before. Didn't have enough sense to ask for the night off or even practice for it. Miraculously, I made it through the first round but was beaten in the second. My energy just ran out. Ended up winning bronze. On top of that, I had to drive myself back home after it was done feeling dead on my feet. How I made it back without wrecking the car is beyond me.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Fighting Hung over- there was a yearly awards/tournament for thge entire association. Up like 3-4 points not knowing it(in fact I thought they were his points. as he evened the score up I could not figure out why theyt would take points away from me! By the time I pulled my head out it was over. Sleep (in a very disappointed way) for the rest of the afternoon

deadhand31

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
The 7th layer of Hell. Wisconsin, to the rest of y
Let's see, worst thing ever was when I went to a multi-school tourney with one of my friends. It came to doing forms, and I started out ok. In the middle, I did a mistake, but I kept going, hoping that they wouldn't notice, since the judges didn't know me. I got a decent score, and thought "Whew! They bought it!". I wasn't so lucky. As it turned out, I ended up being in a three way tie for second. I had to go up, and try to remember exactly how I screwed up the form. I tried to hide my anxiety best I could, which didn't work too well. I knew my form looked screwed up. My friend had to quick run away, because she was having difficulty holding her laughter in. However, I managed to walk away with third out of five. I thought it wasn't bad for screwing up my form twice in a row. :boing2:

Latest Discussions