World black Belt Bureau

ScorpionShawn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If you want to pay (and have your students pay) inflated prices for a superfluous records keeper, then that's up to you and I don't imagine anyone (other than maybe your students) would object.

The initial complaints in this thread weren't about your choices in records keeping. They're about the fact that the WBBB doesn't just claim to be a records keeper. It purports to be a body which grants recognition, promotions, and even authority to promote others. That's a whole different ball game.
Who's to say that can not recognition, promotions, and even authority to promote others?

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I pay $5 a month for a cloud server. I use it primarily to access my home computers (which are behind a router/firewall), but with 25GB of storage (and unlimited available...) I could put an awfully large rank database on it, as well as the web server to access it. If you don't want a whole server, the same company will give you 250GB of storage for $5 a month. That ought to be enough to record the rank of, say, every martial artist in the US...

Yeah, but I'll email you a certificate ;)

(Subject to signing up to a 5 year storage agreement, payment in advance, service can be withdrawn at any time for any reason, no refunds)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kukkiwon is the World Taekwondo Headquarters founded in 1972 in Seoul, South Korea. It is a hub for learning and research. It is also the home of the World Taekwondo Academy where instructional seminars are held.

The Academy also trains and certifies Taekwondo Instructors from around the world through it regularly held leadership courses. In 1998, the Academy held its first instructor training seminar for Foreigner instructors which included only 20 Americans. This is a very prestigious certification.

It is the organization that issues dan rank and guidelines on belt promotion and certification including required poomse, breaking and sparring (kyorugi) techniques.

Additionally, it is the only taekwondo organization whose dan ranks are recognized by World Taekwondo Federation (WTF).

Not true. WT also recognizes ITF rank. Of course, that's only for competition, and has nothing whatsoever to do with any of the silly things you've said.
So I guess the answer you're avoiding giving, is that you're trying to change the subject away from certificate mills.

ScorpionShawn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ok now is the question who are you and what have you done that is worth it? Because here is Master Kangs..
  • Instructor of Elvis Presley & Bill "Superfoot" Wallace
  • Frontier of American karate with Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris
  • BA in Business Administration from Yon Sae University, Seoul, Korea 1960
  • Established and served as captain of Yon Sae University Martial Arts Team
  • Head instructor for the Korean military intelligence (special forces) group officers 1958 to 60
  • Fifth Dan, Korean TaeKwonDo Assn., Seoul, Korea 1962
  • Trained in Kong Soo Do, Chang Mu Kwan, Kwon Bup, Kang Duk Won and Han Kuk Hap Ki Do 1953 to 1965
    Established PaSaRyu Mu Do Assn. in Memphis, TN 1966
  • Seventh Dan Kuk Ki Won (World TKD Headquarters) 1975
  • Producer of Annual Charity fund raiser for St. Jude Children's Hospital, Memphis, TN 1970 to present
  • City of Memphis Mayor - Certificates of Appreciation for various community services 1982 and 1989
  • Member of President's Advisory Council on Democratic and Peaceful Unification of Republic of Korea since 1991

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok now is the question who are you and what have you done that is worth it? Because here is Master Kangs.

I'm a Dan holder from several organizations that require more than a cashed check to award rank. That's who I am.

Who are you?

ScorpionShawn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm a Dan holder from several organizations that require more than a cashed check to award rank. That's who I am.

Who are you?
BTW that was not towards you it was towards pdg thats trying to sell me a service. Also if you want to know who I am I have over 100 videos ans i have posted before but here you go again...

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score

I think you'll agree with this:

None of that gives you any legitimacy to award/confirm/validate rank in any (other) art, nor issue certification.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
How do you teach a spinning hook kick if you cant get your leg up past your own belt?

By making it a low section hook?

Or by teaching it by any means other than example?

You don't have to be able to perform a certain move to know how it's supposed to be performed and correct others...

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

None of that gives you any legitimacy to award/confirm/validate rank in any (other) art, nor issue certification.

Oh, I agree. The moment I did so, I'd lose most (if not all) of whatever credibility and legitimacy I have.

ScorpionShawn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

Ummm with the WBBB it does... if you dont want to train with me because of that lol again so what?

ScorpionShawn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
By making it a low section hook?

Or by teaching it by any means other than example?

You don't have to be able to perform a certain move to know how it's supposed to be performed and correct others...
if there are 2 schools across the street from one another. One has a WBBB instructor teaching TKD he can preform all the kicks and has students that are ranked number one in the state using TKD and the other school has another teacher that can not do the kicks only tell you how its done. Yet has some rank from oh i dont know the Kukkiwon.
What school are you going to train at? For me Im going with the WBBB school.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who's to say that can not recognition, promotions, and even authority to promote others?
If you want everybody to read your posts please refrain from posting in red. I don't see why we should get eye strain because you want to emphasise something. Be thoughtful.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok now is the question who are you and what have you done that is worth it? Because here is Master Kangs..
  • Instructor of Elvis Presley & Bill "Superfoot" Wallace
  • Frontier of American karate with Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris
  • BA in Business Administration from Yon Sae University, Seoul, Korea 1960
  • Established and served as captain of Yon Sae University Martial Arts Team
  • Head instructor for the Korean military intelligence (special forces) group officers 1958 to 60
  • Fifth Dan, Korean TaeKwonDo Assn., Seoul, Korea 1962
  • Trained in Kong Soo Do, Chang Mu Kwan, Kwon Bup, Kang Duk Won and Han Kuk Hap Ki Do 1953 to 1965
    Established PaSaRyu Mu Do Assn. in Memphis, TN 1966
  • Seventh Dan Kuk Ki Won (World TKD Headquarters) 1975
  • Producer of Annual Charity fund raiser for St. Jude Children's Hospital, Memphis, TN 1970 to present
  • City of Memphis Mayor - Certificates of Appreciation for various community services 1982 and 1989
  • Member of President's Advisory Council on Democratic and Peaceful Unification of Republic of Korea since 1991

And?

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
if there are 2 schools across the street from one another. One has a WBBB instructor teaching TKD he can preform all the kicks and has students that are ranked number one in the state using TKD and the other school has another teacher that can not do the kicks only tell you how its done. Yet has some rank from oh i dont know the Kukkiwon.
What school are you going to train at? For me Im going with the WBBB school.

If I want to compete in WT sanctioned events (like say, the olympics) and the WBBB holder doesn't have KKW rank or association, then I'll go with the other guy.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
BTW that was not towards you it was towards pdg thats trying to sell me a service. Also if you want to know who I am I have over 100 videos ans i have posted before but here you go again...

I just noticed you'd directed this at me.

So, who am I?

I hold 7th dan in anglegrind-fu, 4th in alternator-ido and 2nd in migwel-do. I have over 2.000 videos online.

ScorpionShawn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Really? And exactly how did you reach this conclusion? Did you take a survey?
What system do you teach? TKD
If I want to compete in WT sanctioned events (like say, the olympics) and the WBBB holder doesn't have KKW rank or association, then I'll go with the other guy.
That makes sense... and I agree with that 100% but who ever said join WBBB to compete in the olympics?
No one that I know of. How ever if you want to learn a skill and one person can show how its done and the other can only tell you how its done? Does it even matter if they are WBBB or not?
"Your clothes are RED!"

ScorpionShawn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I just noticed you'd directed this at me.

So, who am I?

I hold 7th dan in anglegrind-fu, 4th in alternator-ido and 2nd in migwel-do. I have over 2.000 videos online.
Please share your best video of you doing Martial Arts so we can review and enjoy

ScorpionShawn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
In fact I think everyone here that is questioning any type of legitimacy about any martial arts organization. Should show video prof of themselves doing martial arts and Im not talking about a grainy video of kid from 40 years ago claiming its you. Otherwise you all could be really bad at martial arts and just looking to vent your anger towards others like WBBB.

Latest Discussions