World black Belt Bureau

ScorpionShawn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
People spending so much time to say... what purpose does WBBB serve? Then I answer it omg like how many times now?
Just seems like trolling to me.
forgot to use red text in the last reply :D enjoy
You have repeatedly said it’s for record keeping. People keep asking what the point of record keeping is. Especially when you started out by saying it was for if your school disappeared. So folks here pointed out that if your school disappeared, the rank would be worthless because no other school accepts outside ranks. Then you kept harping on the record keeping aspect and the folks here pointed out that if a school still exists, the records are still accessible without the WBBB. So yes, you’ve answered several times that it is for record keeping. But people want here want to know what the point of that record keeping is? If the school that issued the black belt still exists, the records still exist at that schools, this no need for outside record keeping. If the school that issued the black belt no longer exists, yes the records are probably gone but so is the value of that black belt. It doesn’t matter anymore. So, if you can explain WHY having records after a school goes defunct matter, than maybe the conversation can move on.

I tried to suggest one place that I thought basic, external, record keeping could be helpful (but that would only work if the record keeping place had extensive checks to verify all ranks before adding them to the record, which many here have explained WBBB doesn’t do). But even that is kind of a superfluous use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
*Yawn* ok if something happens and I lose all rec of my black belts then its nice to know there is another source keeping rec of it...
Is this ok with you or do you need something else to make that clear?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
People can say that about all Organizations... I respect the WTF but some people dont.

Oh my. So much wrongness.

Let's start with the fact that it hasn't been the WTF for quite some time.
Then let's finish with the obvious fact that you're talking apples and oranges. WT is not a martial arts style. They have no curriculum. They award no rank. They have no schools. They're a sport governing group. That's all.

Legitimate organizations do not issue Dan ranks to anyone who simply writes a check. It's really that simple.
Does that mean that every person who writes them a check is a clown? No. Not at all. But it does mean there is a good chance that martial artists will be skeptical of that rank.

Reactions: pdg

ScorpionShawn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If you start a origination that does extensive checks to verify all ranks before adding them to the record. Ill join that to rofl

ScorpionShawn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Oh my. So much wrongness.

Let's start with the fact that it hasn't been the WTF for quite some time.
Then let's finish with the obvious fact that you're talking apples and oranges. WT is not a martial arts style. They have no curriculum. They award no rank. They have no schools. They're a sport governing group. That's all.

Legitimate organizations do not issue Dan ranks to anyone who simply writes a check. It's really that simple.
Does that mean that every person who writes them a check is a clown? No. Not at all. But it does mean there is a good chance that martial artists will be skeptical of that rank.
I agree

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
*Yawn* ok if something happens and I lose all rec of my black belts then its nice to know there is another source keeping rec of it...

As a backup system, it has a (slight, debatable) purpose.

But I could set up a secure and robust backup storage solution for you, for about £300/year, for unlimited records. Of course it would mean nothing to anyone else, but your current records don't either.

If it was that sort of thing, fine - it could help in cases such as if a 'federation' or 'association' disbanded and some senior people wanted to reform it.

Something else it could do (if it was certified and authorised by the various systems) is act as a central point of reference. To do that, it would have to get all it's details through official channels (not a random applicant).

But, I can't see that's actually what it is - it has no authority or credibility as it stands to verify or certificate rankings.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you start a origination that does extensive checks to verify all ranks before adding them to the record. Ill join that to rofl

There are bunches of them. I hold rank from several of them.
But you can't just join. That's a large part of why they ARE legitimate organizations. If you could just write a check and get a certificate, they'd be... I dunno... the WBBB? Or Ashida Kim?

ScorpionShawn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
my-lucky-martial-arts-6-troll-doll-hot-pink-hair_28581594.jpeg
Do you need me to say it again why I still use WBBB?

Michele123

Green Belt
Reaction score
Pointing out that WBBB rec system means nothing to you is something you keep going back to and thats trolling

Hmm. That’s a new one to me. I never realized that sharing a dissenting opinion expressed clearly and respectfully was trolling. I always thought trolling involved insults and taunts.

ETA: for example, the two posts directly above mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
But I could set up a secure and robust backup storage solution for you, for about £300/year, for unlimited records. Of course it would mean nothing to anyone else, but your current records don't either.

I pay $5 a month for a cloud server. I use it primarily to access my home computers (which are behind a router/firewall), but with 25GB of storage (and unlimited available...) I could put an awfully large rank database on it, as well as the web server to access it. If you don't want a whole server, the same company will give you 250GB of storage for $5 a month. That ought to be enough to record the rank of, say, every martial artist in the US...

ScorpionShawn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The same question keeps getting asked and the answer never changes... What do you call that?
Also I love and respect the
WTF and the Kukkiwon but I can pull up videos of people that are WTF black belts and cant even kick above the waste. Does that mean WTF is crap?

ScorpionShawn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I pay $5 a month for a cloud server. I use it primarily to access my home computers (which are behind a router/firewall), but with 25GB of storage (and unlimited available...) I could put an awfully large rank database on it, as well as the web server to access it. If you don't want a whole server, the same company will give you 250GB of storage for $5 a month. That ought to be enough to record the rank of, say, every martial artist in the US...
Thats cool I can do that as well but I still like having WBBB as another rec keeper and I respect Master Kang Rhee.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The same question keeps getting asked and the answer never changes... What do you call that?
Also I love and respect the
WTF and the Kukkiwon but I can pull up videos of people that are WTF black belts and cant even kick above the waste. Does that mean WTF is crap?

No, you can't. Because there is no such thing as a WTF black belt.
There's no longer any such thing as the WTF, for that matter.
How high is the "waste", by the way? Does that mean being able to throw a kick above a trash can? What size trash can?
Nobody is saying anything about any art, except you. What has been said is that some orgs (like, say, the WBBB) lack legitimacy because of their "if you can afford it, we will award it" policy.

ScorpionShawn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
No, you can't. Because there is no such thing as a WTF black belt.
There's no longer any such thing as the WTF, for that matter.
How high is the "waste", by the way? Does that mean being able to throw a kick above a trash can? What size trash can?
Nobody is saying anything about any art, except you. What has been said is that some orgs (like, say, the WBBB) lack legitimacy because of their "if you can afford it, we will award it" policy.
I was using it as a reference as a organization. Are you saying the the Kukkiwon does not cert people anymore as black belt?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was using it as a reference as a organization. Are you saying the the Kukkiwon does not cert people anymore as black belt?

Are you under the misapprehension that the Kukkiwon and WT are the same thing?
For that matter, I don't have the flexibility that I did 40 years ago. Do you think I should stop teaching and give up my rank just because I got old?
Or are you just trying to change the subject, which was the legitimacy of places that award rank on the basis of a check cashing?

ScorpionShawn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Are you under the misapprehension that the Kukkiwon and WT are the same thing?
For that matter, I don't have the flexibility that I did 40 years ago. Do you think I should stop teaching and give up my rank just because I got old?
Or are you just trying to change the subject, which was the legitimacy of places that award rank on the basis of a check cashing?

ScorpionShawn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Kukkiwon is the World Taekwondo Headquarters founded in 1972 in Seoul, South Korea. It is a hub for learning and research. It is also the home of the World Taekwondo Academy where instructional seminars are held.

The Academy also trains and certifies Taekwondo Instructors from around the world through it regularly held leadership courses. In 1998, the Academy held its first instructor training seminar for Foreigner instructors which included only 20 Americans. This is a very prestigious certification.

It is the organization that issues dan rank and guidelines on belt promotion and certification including required poomse, breaking and sparring (kyorugi) techniques.

Additionally, it is the only taekwondo organization whose dan ranks are recognized by World Taekwondo Federation (WTF).

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to pay (and have your students pay) inflated prices for a superfluous records keeper, then that's up to you and I don't imagine anyone (other than maybe your students) would object.

The initial complaints in this thread weren't about your choices in records keeping. They're about the fact that the WBBB doesn't just claim to be a records keeper. It purports to be a body which grants recognition, promotions, and even authority to promote others. That's a whole different ball game.

Latest Discussions