Wonder Woman 2.0

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So is The Vison going to have his own movie? What about Scarlet Witch and Henry Pym the Ant-man and Wasp?

How long does it take to collate all these characters together and how old will the actors be by the time they do it?

If my comic book geekdom knowledge is correct, Scarlet Witch and Vision were not original members of the Avengers. That was Thor, CA, Iron Man, Antman, and the Wasp, right?

Frankly if they want to make a good movie, they should scrap some of this canon knowledge and add in a cool non-original member. Just a guess, but I'm assuming the Black Widow will be part of the movie since she was in the Iron Man 2 film.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
One of the things they're going to have to do is figure out how to explain (in the movie(s) ) how the Hulk got all rational and communicable. When we last saw him he still was a irrational (nearly) inarticulate hulking monster and he wouldn't team up with NOBODY!
Sooo, they got that time line to figure out too.

I think they are gonna go The Ultimates route, since they are already using the Samuel Jackson version of Nick Fury. So I think Hulk will be used sparingly when there is no other option they clear the battlefield of the lesser players (regular soldiers, less powerful heroes who could never hold their own if Hulk decides to tun on them) leaving Iron Man, Thor and Cap and just drop Hulk on the enemy like a nuke. After the slaughter Thor or Cap will calm him.

Dancingalone - The original line up as I remember it was Thor, Iron Man, Giantman, and the Wasp. As I stated before, Cap was not apart of the team till issue #4.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dancingalone - The original line up as I remember it was Thor, Iron Man, Giantman, and the Wasp. As I stated before, Cap was not apart of the team till issue #4.

Is it heresy to say "ugh"? Never liked any of those heroes other than Iron Man. Yeah, I know Thor has a following forsooth for some reason.

They'll likely have Cap and the Black Widow in the Avengers movie. Maybe Hawkeye too since he's easy enough to do in a live action movie. Are my guesses correct, if you've been following the making of this movie?

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But wouldn't the first Avenger be Thor since he's been around for thousands of years and Cap was born in the 1920's? Plus if I want to get technical, Cap didn't join The Avengers till issue #4, hardly the first.

Or if you wanted to follow the thru-line that Marvel's movie properties are following then Iron Man is the first one recruited to the Avengers, then the Hulk.

Oh, and by the way, this is not the first Captain America movie. There were two TV movies done in the 70's with Reb Brown (though they changed the costume and origin) and then their was the 90's movie directed by Albert Pyun which was pretty low budget and looked it but got the story pretty right for the most part.

Ummmmmm, we are still talking about Hollywood, right? (btw, I didn't name the movie:) ) The ones whose X-Men had Iceman as a KID and didn't even MENTION Beast until the second movie? Also the same group of movie makers who have made countless other "deviances" from the marvel cannon? They aren't concerned about "accuracy," they are concerned about ticket sales. Personally, I think they've done a GREAT job with the movies so far....but then, I don't get wrapped around the axel when they don't conform to the comic books. A lot of people really hate that, I realize.

I've seen the other Capt America movies, but then, I also saw the few episodes of Spiderman TV show that they did a while back....There is NO WAY that they will compare with the new movie, just on budget and production ability alone. I personally REALLY liked the last Capt America movie (the one with Red Skull)....but I'm looking forward to the new one, no matter what they do with it.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is it heresy to say "ugh"? Never liked any of those heroes other than Iron Man. Yeah, I know Thor has a following forsooth for some reason.

They'll likely have Cap and the Black Widow in the Avengers movie. Maybe Hawkeye too since he's easy enough to do in a live action movie. Are my guesses correct, if you've been following the making of this movie?

Who knows right? As stated quite well by the poster above me, Hollywood just does not care about story accuracy. I have yet to see an accurate Bond or Conan. Marvel seems to be mixing 616 and Ultimate storylines so I have no idea further than Iron Man, Thor, Cap and Hulk ... who really are the big names. I would love to see Hawkeye.

Oh, and I also loved the 90's Cap movie. Albert Pyun may make crap B movies, but I still adore all his work because a lot of it is genuinly great.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since this is the rec room, I won't bring the political side of Captain America's name and uniform change. If you want to talk about that you can head to the study, I have found some sources on those changes. YOu can find it under some of my other posts.

Latest Discussions