Wonder Woman 2.0

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A new look for the Amazon princess... not bad... but can she still KICK ***! ??
http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/93808?fp=1

Not bad for a 90 year old woman... :uhyeah:

(that's 21 yrs of age when she started (??) and 69 years of fighting crime and other nasties.

Attachments

• $wonderwoman 02.jpg
    $wonderwoman 02.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 233

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
She looks amazing for her age, I'll give her that much.

Gaius Julius Caesar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Check into the man who created the charchter, either a weirdo or a Pimp (in the good sense.)

I love how if you bind her wrist, she does as she's told.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am the biggest DC fan in existance and I have been dreading this day, which was invevitable. DC is rebooting Wonder Woman's whole existance. The gods decided to erase Diana's past and start fresh. That means she does not know Superman, Batman or the Justice League any more.
Every 25 years or so, DC has to reboot the characters and start new again. I guess Batman and Superman's history will be erased and restarted soon. That won't be too hard with Superman, but Batman now has 2 sons in the comic (one adopted, one biological) and has a massively intricate background now (more so than Superman or the other DC heroes).

On a side note, FOX news and uber-patriots are mad because Wonder Woman has gotten rid of the stars and stripes from her uniform to make more of a "global" uniform. There is some merit to the arguement, but the people who are mad don't buy comics or support DC/Marvel, so they have no right to complain IMO.

AoG

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/wonderwoman.jpg

Click there to see the slight changes in WW's suit over the years. The "spy suit" over on the far right was when DC decided to turn her into a Kung-Fu Grasshopper copycat during years after the old Kung-Fu show. She lost her powers for 2 years and trained in kung-fu under a blind master (I am not making this up). After 2 years, DC gave up and made her super again.

AoG

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/wonderwoman.jpg

Click there to see the slight changes in WW's suit over the years. The "spy suit" over on the far right was when DC decided to turn her into a Kung-Fu Grasshopper copycat during years after the old Kung-Fu show. She lost her powers for 2 years and trained in kung-fu under a blind master (I am not making this up). After 2 years, DC gave up and made her super again.

AoG

HUBBA X 7 :fanboy:

Attachments

• $WONDERWOMAN.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 185

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am the biggest DC fan in existance and I have been dreading this day, which was invevitable. DC is rebooting Wonder Woman's whole existance. The gods decided to erase Diana's past and start fresh. That means she does not know Superman, Batman or the Justice League any more.
Every 25 years or so, DC has to reboot the characters and start new again. I guess Batman and Superman's history will be erased and restarted soon. That won't be too hard with Superman, but Batman now has 2 sons in the comic (one adopted, one biological) and has a massively intricate background now (more so than Superman or the other DC heroes).

On a side note, FOX news and uber-patriots are mad because Wonder Woman has gotten rid of the stars and stripes from her uniform to make more of a "global" uniform. There is some merit to the arguement, but the people who are mad don't buy comics or support DC/Marvel, so they have no right to complain IMO.

AoG

Wait, you suddenly think you are a bigger DC fan than I am?

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
Wonder Woman away from a red/white/blue outfit? Is this more anti-american sentiment going on? (it seems to be a global view now, even by "americans")

Aside from that: LINDA CARTER! LINDA CARTER! LINDA CARTER! :boing1:

(Still hot too!)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sheading a silent tear at the loss of the skin tight blue satin hot pants..

Hand Sword said:
Aside from that: LINDA CARTER! LINDA CARTER! LINDA CARTER! :boing1:

OFF TOPIC POST: Did you ever see the episode of Bones where Emily Deschanel dressed up as Wonder Woman for a Halloween party?? Coulda gave Ms. Carter a run for her money..

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wonder Woman away from a red/white/blue outfit? Is this more anti-american sentiment going on? (it seems to be a global view now, even by "americans")
Aside from that: LINDA CARTER! LINDA CARTER! LINDA CARTER! :boing1:(Still hot too!)

I'm glad someone else mentioned it. Though I am a big DC fan, I see it happening over at Marvel too. The Captain America movie they are doing is not going to be named "Captain America" because that would make too much sence. It is in fact being called "First Avenger" with his name being in the subtitle after a colon.

Heck, even the movie version of the costume seems to shy away from the fact that he is a symbol of American military might during WW2. Steve Rodgers, the most patriotic man who ever lived, born on the 4th Of July has added brown to his costume and removed the eagles wings from his helm. http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45326

capam3LARGEUSE.jpg

What's so wrong with:

2006033186485.gif
captainamerica2johncassaday.jpg

Or even Bucky's version of the costume:

15_captain_america_600.jpg

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
At least his uniform still has the basic look..The syfy or scifi channel recently tried redoing The Phantom, it was terrible..

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So when's the Wonder woman movie coming out??!?? I'm AMAZED that it isn't out yet....

Although Capt America has taken way too long too. As for it being called "First Avenger" I think that has more to do with the big build up to the Avengers movie and the integration of all of these comic book movies that have been coming out. Marvel is making a BIG push to integrate them all and it is culminating with the Avengers movie.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So when's the Wonder woman movie coming out??!?? I'm AMAZED that it isn't out yet....

Although Capt America has taken way too long too. As for it being called "First Avenger" I think that has more to do with the big build up to the Avengers movie and the integration of all of these comic book movies that have been coming out. Marvel is making a BIG push to integrate them all and it is culminating with the Avengers movie.
So is The Vison going to have his own movie? What about Scarlet Witch and Henry Pym the Ant-man and Wasp?

How long does it take to collate all these characters together and how old will the actors be by the time they do it?

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Avengers movie will be out in 2012 I THINK...with Capt America and Thor movies coming out before it (Iron Man and Hulk are already locked with the right actors)...but there will be some characters missing - the ones that are supposed to be there. Nick Fury's in it and Hawkeye might be too, but they are missing a few....Either way, I'm excited for it.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score

But wouldn't the first Avenger be Thor since he's been around for thousands of years and Cap was born in the 1920's? Plus if I want to get technical, Cap didn't join The Avengers till issue #4, hardly the first.

Or if you wanted to follow the thru-line that Marvel's movie properties are following then Iron Man is the first one recruited to the Avengers, then the Hulk.

Oh, and by the way, this is not the first Captain America movie. There were two TV movies done in the 70's with Reb Brown (though they changed the costume and origin) and then their was the 90's movie directed by Albert Pyun which was pretty low budget and looked it but got the story pretty right for the most part.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Or if you wanted to follow the thru-line that Marvel's movie properties are following then Iron Man is the first one recruited to the Avengers, then the Hulk.
One of the things they're going to have to do is figure out how to explain (in the movie(s) ) how the Hulk got all rational and communicable. When we last saw him he still was a irrational (nearly) inarticulate hulking monster and he wouldn't team up with NOBODY!
Sooo, they got that time line to figure out too.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I know you mean live action, but check out the Wonder Woman cartoon movie recently released. I enjoyed it (not really meant for kids). The Green Lantern:First Flight cartoon movie was pretty decent too.