Women worse at parking than men, study shows

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/6849247/Women-worse-at-parking-than-men-study-shows.html

Female drivers take an average of 20 seconds longer to park their cars but are still less likely to end up in the middle of the bay, the research suggests.

As part of the test 65 people were asked to park an Audi A6 family saloon in a standard-sized parking space.

Their manoeuvres – including head-on, reverse and parallel parking – were timed and rated for accuracy, which was judged by how far they kept the vehicle from the edges of the bay.

While the researchers expected the women volunteers to be slower, they were surprised to find that the cautious approach did not lead to a tidier final result.

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
we need a study for this?

what's next? water's wet?

jf

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
The study clearly omits the time it takes for a man to park a new car -- the farthest distance possible from any other car.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Damn, you're big in to the female-bashing, Ken. Sheesh!

Oh, and we ladies are taking our lower insurance premiums and laughing all the way to the bank. :p

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh, and we ladies are taking our lower insurance premiums and laughing all the way to the bank. :p
It's a gotcha moment.:rofl:

OP
Ken Morgan

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Moi??!!!

Its one post!! Its a scientific study, I'm hoping to advance the basic knowledge and understanding of teh universe...:)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
They needed a study for that??

I've seen countless videos of "women parking" and yet out in the real world I've seen just as many men trying to figure out the same thing. It's both ways... men can be just as bad, women can be just as good.

Gee think of the money used in the study that could've went to help homeless or starving people.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Which is why I always blithely take 2 spaces for my big Chevy truck. :D
And no-one's going to argue!
icon7.gif

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over here at any rate the majority of driving instructors are men so what does that say lol?