Women kick testicles

Discussion in 'Women of the Martial Arts (Women Martial Artists)' started by DANNY, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DANNY

DANNY White Belt

Do women like kicking/punching men in the testicles when they are attacked by men? What's the most effective and/or dangerous technique for crushing testicles?

2. Feisty Mouse

Feisty Mouse Senior Master

• Martial Talk Alumni
    I don't think most people *enjoy* kicking someone in the groin. And it is not always the most effective way of stopping someone from attacking you. You might want to consider alternative methods of self-defense to add to a groin-strike arsenal.

3. Mariel Maeso

Mariel Maeso Yellow Belt

Well in Kajukenbo we have many defense techniques that involves a kick or a punch in the groin area. I think is not the fact that I like it or not. I think it works and you have to add in the defense other combinations of kicks or punchs to make it more effective.

4. TigerWoman

TigerWoman Senior Master

• LifeTime Supporting Member
    No, if I had to kick/strike a guy there, it would be to defend myself, not a like or dislike.

Well, if you are a guy and have had them hit in class, any strike is dangerous to the reproductive capabilities down the line in life. Kicks, knees, punches, hammer fist, knife, hand twists are all in the self defense repertoire for that area of the body. TW

5. MA-Caver

MA-Caver Sr. Grandmaster

• MartialTalk Mentor
    A groin strike/kick is not the end all to warding off an attack, dispite the hollywood versions of the technique(s). They are novel for stopping at the moment but as pointed out they are not going to always stop an attacker. It might even piss them off further.
    Groin strikes/kicks are only a part of a series of techniques not just one final solution.

6. goshawk

goshawk Guest

I don't like sacking guys. Done it in sparring a few times by accident, felt like a complete heel as a result. If someone attacked me...well, let's just say I might enjoy it a bit more. But still. It's a vicious thing to do.

I'm not sure I'd use a groin-strike as a primary attack. Over the years I've found that men are really good at defending their groins. As a brief example, I (allegedly, allegedly) attempted to knee a friend of mine in my sleep while camping this past week. I highly doubt he was in a state of readiness to defend himself, but he avoided it handily. Imagine how much less likely you'd be to land that when the guy is in a confrontational situation, expecting attack. Probably especially a groin attack, coming from a woman.

That said? I might use that flinch reaction to set up an entirely different strike, or set up the groin strike with something first. It's certainly effective for giving yourself a few seconds to maybe breathe, land a decisive hit, or run the hell away.
    Technically speaking...ridgehands, knees, scoop-kicks. Then there's Squealing Tiger--whoops, I mean Kneeling Tiger. Left hand grabs and pulls out, right backfist comes down on top. Squishy. Leaves you open to whatever his hands are doing, so better hope he's off-balance. Doubt you'd have to worry after the move was completed, though.

7. I know it has been said before, but groin is small target "which moves". If you aim there, you can miss. I had a few street fights in my life. People who tried to kick me or knee me there, either missed or did not hurt me. Thus I do not believe in that area as the best target.
    Knees, neck, eyes are the preference.
    Wow, I am talking like a girl! lol

8. bluemtn

bluemtn Senior Master

Like the other replies, groin strikes aren't what I like to do. I'd kick at the legs. I would knee if I knew I had a good shot, but I'd follow up with something else.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Schtankybampo

Schtankybampo Green Belt

My own art is more likely to be a strike there than a kick. But it's not an ending move. We use it to drop a guy closer down, bend him over, and prepare him for the real stomping.

I've racked my practice partner before. I felt bad, but he assured me that he doesn't plan to have kids.

Enjoy it? No.

M

10. CrankyDragon

CrankyDragon Guest

Dohno the answer to that one, but I do know Ill nut knock ya in a hurry if Im planning to be sucessfull in a real world situation. :xtrmshock

11. Push the head up, with palm on nose for example, the bad guy will open his legs as a reflex and, while he's not anymore able to see downside, knee his balls.

Then, say "Oh, I'm sorry, I hope it doesn't hurt." And go away...

12. kenpo tiger

kenpo tiger Senior Master

Sounds like a portion of the kenpo technique Bowing to Buddah and yes, it does leave you open to whatever the attackers' hands are doing if you're too slow [or don't add (what is apparently) the extension to that technique.]

As to the original question, seems to me that DANNY is wondering if we get our jollies by 'automatically' going for the groin. As Caver pointed out, it's not really effective as a stopper. Used as what we refer to in kenpo as a 'distraction', to be followed up with other strikes, yes, it's effective.

If it's the attacker or you, who would you choose to survive relatively unscathed?

13. Hand Sword

Hand Sword Grandmaster

• Martial Talk Alumni
    In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
    As a guy, I would recommend ignoring the groin shot initially. If a man is confronting a woman, He's well aware of that area being her first target. Plus, early on, as children, boys learn to protect that area pretty well. If you attack, he'll pull back that area, stiffening out his legs. Perfectly, it sets up the kick to the knee cap, or shin bone.

14. donald

donald Black Belt

Ladies,

I am a man, and want to warn you about putting all of your eggs(so to speak)in one basket. I know most people believe(especially woman)that a good kick to the groin will end the confrontation. Don't believe the hype! I had a situation back quite a number of years ago.Where I landed a kick to the groin of an individual,(wearing my steel toed boots), at a slow trot. All he did was crouch down, and GROWWWLLLL. This is a true story, and meant to help any interested understand. That to focus on one area during a self defense situation could be your undoing. I still believe it has potential as a strike area, but don't delude yourself into thinking that its certain to end a physical situation.
    L47

15. Nomad

Nomad Master Black Belt

If, on the other hand, it's a guy confronting another guy, your opponent will frequently be less likely to guard effectively, since those strikes are "against the rules" in a fight. *laughs evilly*

Although groin strikes do not always work, and adrenaline can overcome the pain in some people, the old adage that "if you have a man by the groin, his heart and mind will soon follow" still has a grain of truth to it...

16. exile

exile To him unconquered.

• Martial Talk Alumni
    Given the choice, though, you might be better off going for the eyes, at least first. Guys think a lot about protecting the family jewels in a fight, but I strongly suspect that very few expects you to try to blind them. The flinch response there is absolutely overpowering. You get a window for a strike to the groin, or for something else painful---including a follow strike to the eyes.

17. Sirius

Sirius White Belt

My sister does. Hell, we used to call her The Nutcracker.

18. ArmorOfGod

ArmorOfGod Senior Master

Everyone, sit back and look at this thread. This is a form of troll (the fetish kind).
    I have been doing ma discussion forums for several years and every now and then someone will make posts about hitting the groin and want vivid details. Click on DANNY's username and you will see that all of his posts have to do with testicle strikes, wanting details.
    BTW, groin striking is a big fetish on the internet. Google "martial arts strikes" and some of those "sites" will come up.

AoG

19. exile

exile To him unconquered.

• Martial Talk Alumni
    Hmmm.

AoG---think maybe we should all call it a day on this one?

20. Hand Sword

Hand Sword Grandmaster

• Martial Talk Alumni
    In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
    No one denied the effects, but, again, two men or whatever, guys learn and instinctively protect that area. Easier to focus on the shin, or knee with the kick. Hit the groin after opening with shots to other targets first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.