Women in head scarves banned from Obama photo op

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The question then becomes... did they do it on their own, because someone higher up told them too, or because Obama told them to - knowing whose authority they did it on would change the interpretation, at least it would for me.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Had a republican done this, there would be a whole lot more hoopla and hyperbole going on...

Topeng

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It was campaign volunteers. I've met some of those people, and though not all, some of them are borderline psycho when it comes to politics. They probably didn't want any "Obama the secret fanatical Muslim is taking over the U.S." stories popping up.
I don't believe Obama himself had anything to do with what happened. He may have just lost 2 votes though.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It was campaign volunteers. I've met some of those people, and though not all, some of them are borderline psycho when it comes to politics. They probably didn't want any "Obama the secret fanatical Muslim is taking over the U.S." stories popping up.
I don't believe Obama himself had anything to do with what happened. He may have just lost 2 votes though.

I was wondering if it was something like that - and it wouldn't surprise me at all if you are correct.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score

This has to be it. With all of the false emails going around now, they can't afford to fuel the fire with a picture that could very easily be used to give bad reputation -- "Look at Obama! He wants the Muslim people to take us over!"

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Attachments

• $pimp.jpg
    $pimp.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 190

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm not interested in buying what Obama's selling, but it seems to me that in this case he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Either he takes the picture and people go "ZOMG! Muslims likes Obama! Keep him away of the White House!" or he doesn't take the picture and ends up either looking like a bigot or like someone who doesn't have the confidence to show an true representation of himself and his electorate.

All in all, it's shaping up to be a good Silly Season.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nah man, its all about seperation of church and state... Headscarves = Church, Obama = State. Gotta keep em apart.

:p

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A slight distraction gentlemen if you could perhaps answer this for me? I'm sure it's a men/women thing. OK, women are supposed to be required to wear the scarf for modesty yet very often as in the photograph in the above post the young lady wearing the scarf has her face framed beautifully by it, it's actually more eye catching than those without scarves. It actually showcases her features and also adds an air of mystery! So far from being modest as such it's almost the opposite.
if Obama becomes president and comes over here for a visit his aides had better reconcile themselves to the fact the Queen very often wears a head scarf as do many of the 'landed gentrys ladies' lol! Always tied nicely under the chin of course!

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
A slight distraction gentlemen if you could perhaps answer this for me? I'm sure it's a men/women thing. OK, women are supposed to be required to wear the scarf for modesty yet very often as in the photograph in the above post the young lady wearing the scarf has her face framed beautifully by it, it's actually more eye catching than those without scarves. It actually showcases her features and also adds an air of mystery! So far from being modest as such it's almost the opposite.
if Obama becomes president and comes over here for a visit his aides had better reconcile themselves to the fact the Queen very often wears a head scarf as do many of the 'landed gentrys ladies' lol! Always tied nicely under the chin of course!

I agree. But it's no different than religious Jewish women waering a beautiful wig so as not to show their hair.

Latest Discussions