Women and Ninjutsu

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taimishu said:
Does anyone know if there were any women ninja and if not any ideas why not?

David

Yes, there were female ninja. They are referred to as Kunoichi.

Mike

F

Frank Anford

Were these women trained differently from the men or the same?

F.A.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank Anford said:
Were these women trained differently from the men or the same?

F.A.

From what I've read, they still had training, but they were used for different purposes.

Mike

C

chidarake

ohh... Yes there were. their name was kunoichi which means female ninja in japanese they would alure enemies with their beauty and then strike when least expected possibly in the bedroom... any way they usually carried fighting fan, tanto blade, and many other female ninja weapons if you would like to discuss more please go to my post labeled as ninjutsu.

M

marshallbd

Taimishu said:
Does anyone know if there were any women ninja and if not any ideas why not?

David
"A kunoichi is a female ninja. As with the male ninja, they were spies and helped with the ninja's fight (in various different ways) against the samurai. Mistress of deception and 'flowery combat' were among their skills. She was a spy, messenger and observer. Her training, although similar to her male counterparts, focused more on the psychological techniques, including manipulation, disguise, feminine charm and the use of female intuition. " I took this paragraph from this site :asian: http://hatsumi.free.fr/hatsumi-painter-kunoichi.htm :asian:

G

Genin Andrew

The kunoichi were trained pretty much the same as the men.There is no real reason they would be trained differently,basically they did the work that the men couldnt do(use your imagination) the women had seductive capibilities that just didnt work for the men,so they were used to get closer to strongholds and behind the lines.As you could imagine kunoichi were quite effective at gathering information that could later be presented to the clan Jonin and be used in future attcks raids and all the other stuff.

Latest Discussions