WMDs found on Titan!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can Bush ordered a preemptive strike, lest the Martians get their tentacles on it yet?

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wonder what the chances are that life of some sort or another could (at a very slow rate) evolve in an environment like that?

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a feeling that it might be a little too cold, but you never know what might prosper in an environment like that.
Well, that depends on what the basis of life would be there. We have extremofiles here on earth that we never would have thought could exist til recently. Of course, I'm one of those folks that think that there HAS to be life somewhere else and would love to find it in our own galactic back yard.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Can Bush ordered a preemptive strike, lest the Martians get their tentacles on it yet?

Why go all the way to Titan to fight for methane when there is a huge cache of it stuck in my father-in-law's favorite chair right here on Earth?

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, that depends on what the basis of life would be there. We have extremofiles here on earth that we never would have thought could exist til recently. Of course, I'm one of those folks that think that there HAS to be life somewhere else and would love to find it in our own galactic back yard.

I'm with you on this one. There are so many galaxies and so many star systems that the probabilities are extremely good that there is life out there somewhere. And, yes it would be nice if some of it was right here close to us.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Even BETTER yet would be a thread on something interesting that politics didn't get interjected into.

I'll second that! I hear it enough at work.

Great find about Titan. It really does make you wonder what's going on.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Even closer than Titan is all the water on Mars. I wonder what the definition of "pure water ice" is exactly. Enough to cover the entire planets surface in 30 feet of water. Looks like Mars could use a little global warming of their own to melt it out and get an atmosphere going.

Here's the link to the article.http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258989,00.html