Wish Me Luck!

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Believe in yourself and in your instructors' efforts in preparing you for this day...... then go out and give it everything you've got. Best wishes.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Relax as much as possible and enjoy the day - remember, you are demonstrating that you already are a black belt - not asking someone to decide if you should be one or not.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Relax as much as possible and enjoy the day - remember, you are demonstrating that you already are a black belt - not asking someone to decide if you should be one or not.

Very well put, Kacey... that's the way it should be, if the instructor has been keeping proper tabs on her/his students' progress.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just remember that when you get to BB, you get to start over. I thought about that a lot and it actually made things easier. It's the whole yin and yang of the thing...it's meaningful and it isn't.

JT_the_Ninja

Black Belt
Reaction score
Remember to answer loudly, ki hap loudly, and do every technique as if it were the one that would decide whether or not you passed.

My instructor told me that it used to be that tests consisted of the master asking you to perform *one* technique, of his choosing, which would determine whether or not you were promoted. That, of course, made you practice everything. Good habit, I guess.

Good luck, and TANG SOO!

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
In the Marines we followed the golden rule of B.R.A.S.S. when shooting. I have applied it in competition to include belt tests.

It stands for Breath, Relax, Aim, Stop, Squeeze. To transfer this would be to breath, relax, focus your energy, pause, then prove why you are there.

I know belt tests are good at making someone a bundle of nerves. Just focus and your skill will take care of the rest man.

Next time we hear from you, we will be hearing about you passing. So for the record I am extending a congratulations to you early.

Brad Dunne

Brown Belt
Reaction score
We already know what's going to happen sooooooooooooooooooooo
:highfive: :partyon:

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good luck! Like everyone has said, just remember, your instructor already knows how good you are, you just have to go out there and show them one more time. This is just a one day snapshot of years worth of training and work.

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Believe in yourself and in your instructors' efforts in preparing you for this day...... then go out and give it everything you've got. Best wishes.

Yeah!!!!!!!

Remember you have already been tested on everything that will be on your blackbelt test (each belt up until this point, you were tested on material at that level). This means you KNOW the material. ALL the rest is mental: your attitude in pulling it all together for one last endurance test.

You should have confidence in yourself. We have confidence in you. Your Instructor has confidence in you (otherwise he never would have given you the testing form). Just start, and don't stop.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wish you the best of luck!

Be prepared for a memorable day :)

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No luck here go out and do what you was trained to do and it will be over before you know it, also take plenty of pictures for us and you so you can have it documented.

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hey everybody,
I am testing for my Black belt on Saturday. Does anyone have any tips? I'm super nervous!
Kamsahimnida,
Anna

Just remember, your instructor wouldn't put you up for a test if you were not ready for it. I have the 3 do's for testing. Just do these and you'll pass:

1. Do what you are told.
2. Do your best.
3. Do not give up

You have the skill otherwise you wouldn't be testing...just breath and chill out. You'll do great. I'll wish you good luck, but you don't need it. Luck has nothing to do with passing a test...skill does.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great news about your test! Best of luck! :partyon:

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, every one is laughing and thinking what a retard I am.........................................

Well, let me tell you. When you have a BB that is coming into to test for 5th Dan and they look at you and the light goes off and you know there is no one home, trust me, jack will help you relaxe and get the job done.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I only wish luck for those testing in that I wish for them no mishaps, injuries or illnesses to stop them from arriving at the test ready to perform to the best of their ability.

Latest Discussions