Wing Chun in West Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Beginners Corner' started by york paul, Aug 8, 2018.

1. york paul

york paul White Belt

Hi guys
    Does anyone know of any good wing Chun schools in West Yorkshire?
    I used to be at nwckfa ( Colin Ward.) for 7 years but you will only ever be trained to a certain level unless you pay £40 private lessons on top of £60 monthly fee,so found the Sifu disinterest to teach unless you had a good financial state plus the Sifu is overrated totally and does this purely for cash with no love for wing Chun!! Any good sifus or ideas please drop me a line—yorkie

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  2. jobo

jobo Senior Master

It took you seven years to figure that out?, That's nearly five grand even if you didn't take the private level instruction that would be expensive if it was a decent art, but for wing chun, that's day light robbery, go and find a karate schools that charges a Skin diver a lesson

3. york paul

york paul White Belt

4. york paul

york paul White Belt

Jobo I got to brown level but to get to black you had to pay a fortune so decided to leave as the Sifu was fleacing m,I am now looking for a good Sifu and club

5. jobo

jobo Senior Master

There's a lot of cons work on the same principle, it's what s know as being pot committed, in pocke r, you've invested so much to get "nearly there" people will pay increasingly silly amounts, so that the investment wasn't w wasted, well done for seeing through it.

There are good schools were all they want is to teach and cover the rent, go and find one