Wing Chun Boxing

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
See, you just did it! You used your reference point of how things are done in WSLVT to say that the way Pin Sun Wing Chun might do it is somehow wrong. You didn't say it that way, but it is implicit in how you just wrote your post. You have such a smug and superior attitude that you just can't seem to avoid it.

There should be no reason to do that regardless of lineage, unless you have nothing more direct and efficient.

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
There should be no reason to do that regardless of lineage, unless you have nothing more direct and efficient.

You just can't seem to stop with the insults!! :rolleyes:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Direct is predictable. Misdirection is the secret to fighting.

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
Did you use invisible ink to write this post?

I was going to drop a pearl of wisdom on the forum, but thought better of "casting pearls before swine". :p Or what was the term LFJ used?.....ingrates??? ;)

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh. I thought it was the long awaited video of LFJ sparring. :p

Could have been any one of yours.

I think the only person we've seen actually do stuff is dudewingchun, who posted a clip of him in the ring.

All you monkies demanding sparring videos from me have never posted any yourselves. So, seems kind of stupid to point fingers.

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
Direct is predictable. Misdirection is the secret to fighting.

Wrong. Direct can put you a step or two ahead of the opponent. They will be fighting to recover, until you start doing multistep defenses and give them a chance to cut in.

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
Could have been any one of yours.

I think the only person we've seen actually do stuff is dudewingchun, who posted a clip of him in the ring.

All you monkies demanding sparring videos from me have never posted any yourselves. So, seems kind of stupid to point fingers.

But nobody but you has claimed that their Wing Chun is the "be all" and "end all" by which all other Wing Chun should be defined and compared. Nobody but you goes around telling other people that their Wing Chun is "broken" or "incomplete" or "wrong." So the burden of proof is on you to provide some kind of video showing that you can "walk the talk" rather than just run your mouth. Otherwise you have no credibility.

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wrong. Direct can put you a step or two ahead of the opponent. They will be fighting to recover, until you start doing multistep defenses and give them a chance to cut in.

Wrong. That might work up until the point that it doesn't! If that's all you have in your "central strategy" then you are going to have trouble when you come up against that non-Wing Chun opponent that simply won't cooperate with your attempts to be so "direct." A "one trick pony" might perform well when only one trick is needed. But when the going gets more complicated it might be in trouble! ;)

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
But nobody but you has claimed that their Wing Chun is the "be all" and "end all" by which all other Wing Chun should be defined and compared.

I haven't claimed that. I haven't even been talking about WSLVT on this topic.

Nobody but you goes around telling other people that their Wing Chun is "broken" or "incomplete" or "wrong." So the burden of proof is on you to provide some kind of video showing that you can "walk the talk" rather than just run your mouth. Otherwise you have no credibility.

That's not how burden of proof works.

I haven't claimed to be a grandmaster. I said your stuff is misinterpreted and proved it by showing the definition doesn't fit what you're doing.

Plus, just assuming I'm a crap fighter, it doesn't make you any less wrong.

But when the going gets more complicated it might be in trouble! ;)

You think you will regain the upper hand when already a step behind by being indirect and inefficient?! lol

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Could have been any one of yours. I think the only person we've seen actually do stuff is dudewingchun, who posted a clip of him in the ring. All you monkies demanding sparring videos from me have never posted any yourselves. So, seems kind of stupid to point fingers.

You're right about me. I've never posted any videos of myself, and if I did, they'd probably be awful. I'm just messin' with you bro. :D

On the other hand, KPM has posted videos, so does he get to point fingers?

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
On the other hand, KPM has posted videos, so does he get to point fingers?

Of him standing around talking and fantasy fighting with a demo dummy?

Yeah, I haven't posted any videos like that, but demanding sparring/fighting clips from anyone is still a huge step beyond what he has ever shown.

Besides, as has been stated by others, no one is obligated to publicize themselves on a discussion forum or risk losing credibility. Arguments either stand or they don't.

If your argument ends with "post a video or I don't have to listen to you", it doesn't help your credibility even if you post talking videos.

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
If your argument ends with "post a video or I don't have to listen to you", it doesn't help your credibility even if you post talking videos.

Well, that's funny! Since that's EXACTLY what you said to Phil Redmond! o_O

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, that's funny! Since that's EXACTLY what you said to Phil Redmond! o_O

Really? When? I'm sure I have never said anything remotely similar to anyone. Link to the post, please.

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
Really? When? I'm sure I have never said anything remotely similar to anyone. Link to the post, please.

Then you have a very short memory. On the "other" forum Phil said he had used his TWC successfully in competition and you wouldn't take his word for it and told him he had to produce a video proving it.

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
Then you have a very short memory. On the "other" forum Phil said he had used his TWC successfully in competition and you wouldn't take his word for it and told him he had to produce a video proving it.

No, I didn't. I asked if he had proof of a fight record, because I couldn't find any information.

And, the only reason I asked this is because whenever anyone has a different opinion than him he brushes them off by saying he used to be a competitive fighter and so doesn't have to consider anyone's point of view.

He does this on that forum, on Facebook, and even on his Youtube videos when he's not even talking to anyone.

He just likes to put his nose in the air and say he used things in competition so no one can even constructively criticize him.

And, what happened every time I asked him to produce a fight record or any sort of verification for his claim?

He stopped talking and disappeared.

Likely because these competitions either don't exist or were sparring in his own school or something.

Latest Discussions