Wilder v Fury 2

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Anybody willing to predict tonights fight?
We always get the hype before a big bout, and sometimes the fight itself fizzles out to a cagey drawnout affair.
I hope tonight, these 2 fighters go at it hammer and tong, of course being British, I will be routing for Fury, but I think his bravado about knocking Deontay out in round 2 would be a foolish thing to attempt, with Wilders power, but I do hope it lives up to expectation.
My thoughts, if Fury can survive the first 5, I think he can out point, or catch Deontay late in the fight. Problem is, they have both came in heavier than the last fight, so with Deontays sledgehamner fists anything can happen, as they say in the USA, someones 0 has to go, but lets hope both fighters come out unharmed. I havent been this eager to watch a fight since Mike Tyson fought pre douglas days.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
We always get the hype before a big bout, and sometimes the fight itself fizzles out to a cagey drawnout affair.
I hope tonight, these 2 fighters go at it hammer and tong, of course being British, I will be routing for Fury, but I think his bravado about knocking Deontay out in round 2 would be a foolish thing to attempt, with Wilders power, but I do hope it lives up to expectation.
My thoughts, if Fury can survive the first 5, I think he can out point, or catch Deontay late in the fight. Problem is, they have both came in heavier than the last fight, so with Deontays sledgehamner fists anything can happen, as they say in the USA, someones 0 has to go, but lets hope both fighters come out unharmed. I havent been this eager to watch a fight since Mike Tyson fought pre douglas days.
id suggest that getting hit by a 275lb giant will be pretty devastating as well,

fury to beat him up badly and finish it in a round or three

OP
Gweilo

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
id suggest that getting hit by a 275lb giant will be pretty devastating as well,

I hope so, Fury is the only opponent Deontay has officially not knocked out, I hope he goes for it, as does Fury.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do know I won't be paying £25 to watch it live though, really don't think it's worth that.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seems an odd thread for you to be joining in then. as it seems you have no interest in the topic at all

No, dear, I said I had no interest in watching the fight. There's been a lot of coverage as well as a documentary series about the Gypsy King and I'm interested in the result of the fight. His wife was interviewed the other day as he was about his mental health, his addictions and his life. I've watched other's of his fights, just not bothered about this one.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Probably going to be a corker of a fight, at least I hope so. Two great heavyweights.

I'll go with Wilder.

OP
Gweilo

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I do know I won't be paying £25 to watch it live though, really don't think it's worth that.
Pm me, and I will tell you how to get it free, nudge nudge wink wink

OP
Gweilo

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Probably going to be a corker of a fight, at least I hope so. Two great heavyweights.

I'll go with Wilder.
Yeah hes a hell of a puncher, more knock outs than any other heavy weight in history, but Fury is a pikey (gypsy), and god knows them feckers can survive anything, they can even have seconds and thirds at mcdonalds and not break wind.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From a friend of mine, Sledge.
"There are some epic boxing mystic megs out on Facebook tonight.

At least 30 times I’ve seen.

“Fury will win. Unless Wilder wins” in various different forms.

Holy ****. You guys maybe right.

But shout out to the “Fury will win. Unless Wilder wins. Or it may be a draw again” guy.

It’s like money in the bank guys. "

so here you go Fury will win unless Wilder does.........

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hoping wilder puts him down. Not a fan of his at all. Respect to him for what he's overcome I respect him for that but hoping to see him lose.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoping wilder puts him down. Not a fan of his at all. Respect to him for what he's overcome I respect him for that but hoping to see him lose.

I'm watching Bellator live from Dublin then off to bed, (after midnight I turn into a gremlin) so will watch tomorrow probably though there's England Ladies playing in T20 World cup and cross country skinning from Norway, so much lovely sport to watch.. Interview with James Haskell, the ex England rugby player, who's training with London Shoot so he can debut on a Bellator fight card. Interesting, he's a big lad too.

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
My money is on Fury. To quote his words "[Wilder] is a one dimensional fighter" - he only relies on his knockout power. His technique, is heavily lacking. In my opinion, this fight will be based entirely around feinting and speed. Deontay needs to try to feint and confuse Fury to land a good right hand, Fury needs to focus on being faster so he can avoid taking that blow in the first place.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
My money is on Fury. To quote his words "[Wilder] is a one dimensional fighter" - he only relies on his knockout power. His technique, is heavily lacking. In my opinion, this fight will be based entirely around feinting and speed. Deontay needs to try to feint and confuse Fury to land a good right hand, Fury needs to focus on being faster so he can avoid taking that blow in the first place.
Not good that he's come in heavier then

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

told you ! he just beat him up like a very one sided pub brawl, wilder put up less resistance than either of fury's warm up fights,

they should have stopped it a lot sooner, possibly in the third, definitely in the 5th, he was just wandering about in a daze, his legs had gone , couldn't defend himself with blood pouring out of his ear !!! never a good sign. sometimes you have to save brave men from themselves

I doubt there will be the contracted rematch, i doubt his promoter will put the money up, they will have the devils own job selling it to the american public as a competitive contests.

perhaps they will give fat andy a go?

Last edited:
OP
Gweilo

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
told you ! he just beat him up like a very one sided pub brawl, wilder put up less resistance than either of fury's warm up fights,

they should have stopped it a lot sooner, possibly in the third, definitely in the 5th, he was just wandering about in a daze, his legs had gone , couldn't defend himself with blood pouring out of his ear !!! never a good sign. sometimes you have to save brave men from themselves

I doubt there will be the contracted rematch, i doubt his promoter will put the money up, they will have the devils own job selling it to the american public as a competitive contests.

perhaps they will give fat andy a go?
Wow, what a performance, After the 1st round, the writting was on the wall, and after the 3rd, with the damage to Deontays ear, it was pretty much a matter of time.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
well wilder after having 24 hours to think about it, has concluded that his ring walk costume was to heavy and tired him out so much his legs wouldnt work, wonder how them soldures who carry 80 lb backpacks 20 miles go on ?

Latest Discussions