Wichita Kansas

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was contacted by a Kenpoist in my own area (Hey Jeff) and was curious to know how many Kenpoists, who are on 'martial talk', are from my town or live near: Wichita Kansas.

thanks
Your Brother
John
:cheers:

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well,

I was born and raised in Topeka, Ks. But I live in Houston, Tx now. Does that count? BTW, Steve (Sanders) Muhammad was also raised in Topeka, KS and when to high school with my uncle before joining the service and moving on.

jb:asian:

OP
Brother John

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lots of Good men have come from the Land of Oz!!!
I didn't know about Mr. Muhammad. Cool. Do you know if he was a martial artist while living in Ks or was that later?
thanks
Your Brother
John

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
From what I understood, he excelled in sports. According to the Journey he did do a little Tai Chi while a kid in Topeka.

jb

B

brianhunter

Im in Wichita (I train with Jeff) work and kids permitting,
Sibok Tom Kelly Sr also has a school at 1120 S. Ash

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sibok Kelly is one of the best, you need look no further for Kenpo. You are with one of the premier instructors of our time, bar none ... tell him Michael Billings says Oos.

-Michael
UKS-Texas

JD_Nelson

Green Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I live a little over an hour away from Wichita. A little town that has both hot and cold water towers.

Any other kenpoist here maybe we should get together and argue over how to execute a technique!!

humbly :asian:

Jeremy

B

brianhunter

where do you live???? If its Yoder it might take awhile to get here on a horse drawn carriage

JD_Nelson

Green Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Brother John is my instructor. I used to make it over to Wichita @ least once per week. Anyone between Pratt and Wichita wanting to get in some Kenpo let me know. Willing to carpool to wichita.

It is true though, we do have a hot and cold water tower!

I am curious about other kansas kenpoka folks as well.

Jeremy

B

brianhunter

Originally posted by Brother John

How do you out-run the Yoder Police ???

You yell "WHOA !!!"

Your Brother
John

We called the state police academy Yoder University...nothing like flying down a dirt road at 50 mph late for class and seeing a horse drawn carriage at 5 in the morning!!!! The Amish people around there are very friendly in their defence though.

OP
Brother John

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
I grew up in Hutchinson. (as did Phoenix...Sean Carey...who also posts from time to time on Martial Talk)

I LOVE the Amish people. GOOD FOOD. Man, Carriage Crossing has some of the best meals around! The Amish are Very polite and nice, not only do they not have a police dept. because they aren't a big enough town... they don't need it. If they did something wrong, ever, they'd probably hop in the buggy and turn themselves in.
:angel:

PS: as the your job as a cop. I probably know some of your classmates... I worked over two years as a JIAC officer in Hutch.
talk to you later man...
Your Brother
John

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Michael Billings

Sibok Kelly is one of the best, you need look no further for Kenpo. You are with one of the premier instructors of our time, bar none ... tell him Michael Billings says Oos.

-Michael
UKS-Texas

Right on! :karate:
I wasn't sure if Mr. Kelly was currently in Wichita, but anyone who wants a glimpse at him can go check out that New Gladiator's movie. He is in the first 1/2 hour or so quite a bit.

I'll see him this weekend and I'm looking forward to it. I think we are going to watch the New Gladiators on Fri or Sat night. That might be too cool. :D
:asian:

phoenix

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You have just received the "Amish Virus." As we don't have any programming experience, this virus works on the honor system. Please delete all the files from your hard drive and manually forward this virus to everyone on your mailing list.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Amish Computer Engineering Dept.

M

Mikey

I'm in Wichita, I train with "The Man" Sibok Tom Kelly, I was not aware of any other schools in the area, where are you located?

Mikey

J

Johnny

Originally posted by Mikey

I'm in Wichita, I train with "The Man" Sibok Tom Kelly, I was not aware of any other schools in the area, where are you located?

Mikey

Location is in Wichita! In Kansas!

M

Mikey

Well No DUH.....
Never mind, I won't even get into this conversation.
Have a nice day, and good luck with your training.

Mikey

OP
Brother John

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Please excuse Johnny...whomever that is.

Just send me a private message and I'd be glad to tell you about myself.
thanks..
Your Brother
John

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mikey

Mikey

Tell Sibok that we hope he heard us at Camp on Sunday.
;)