Why the opening action??

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
You always assume you are right and the other party is wrong, rather than just acknowledging that there can be different approaches to a situation or different viewpoints.

Whenever I say you're wrong about something you are objectively wrong, and I demonstrate it.

You take it upon yourself to prove how wrong the other person's opinion is!

In the other position I would be grateful for the help. This has happened before where someone has shown me something I hadn't seen or considered before, and I was happy to learn from it.

Taking personal offense and getting all upset when someone helps you is a bizarre way to react.

Phobius

Black Belt
Reaction score
What do you call it then when I disagree with some information and give my opion on it?

I would call that discussion, but some would say if I don't just accept their explanations then I'm arguing for the sake of arguing.

That would be accepting for the sake of someone's sensative emotions. I don't do that because it's dishonest and we're all adults, I think.

Disagreeing and stating a good explanation is discussing.

Writing things over and over again to someone not listening is often arguing.

You and KPM are arguing because both parties are not interested in listening. Spend your energy on the rest of us after having stated that one or several good reasons you disagree on something

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
Whenever I say you're wrong about something you are objectively wrong, and I demonstrate it.

In the other position I would be grateful for the help. This has happened before where someone has shown me something I hadn't seen or considered before, and I was happy to learn from it.

Taking personal offense and getting all upset when someone helps you is a bizarre way to react.

You just proved my point! :rolleyes:

anerlich

Brown Belt
Reaction score
A few photos of the aforementioned fight. Ethan Duniam in the 360 shorts:

20258379_884146365083614_7295121293293829119_n.jpg

Well, since it's not going to be posted, we won't know if he got taken down, but got the upper hand once on the ground.

Someone got taken down, but not Ethan. Commiserations if anyone was hoping otherwise.

20258286_884146331750284_363315238841670896_n.jpg

20258221_884146468416937_7640438389064429193_n.jpg

20264598_884146515083599_6241761789813276505_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KPM

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
A few photos of the aforementioned fight.

Well, congrats to your pal.

Would be nice to see the actual fight, though, because none of the pictures show TWC methods, neither the takedown nor the punching method, unless those are from the 4th form..?

You were posting this to say your stuff works, after all. But, then again, you wouldn't say what "your stuff" is; TWC, BJJ, or some other MMA elements.

anerlich

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Would be nice to see the actual fight, though, because none of the pictures show TWC methods, neither the takedown nor the punching method, unless those are from the 4th form..?

You're a real "glass half empty" sort of guy, aren't you?

"Will you knock it off with them negative waves? Can't you see how beautiful it is out here?"

You were posting this to say your stuff works, after all.

It does. Did you miss this photo?

Well, congrats to your pal.

Yes! That's more like it!

Last edited:

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
It does. Did you miss this photo?

That shows this guy won his fight, but not how.

You said by RNC, which is not a TWC technique.

The single punch image also shows non-TWC methods.

So, this can't be used to say TWC works, since as far as you've shown none was used.

anerlich

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I mainly put the photos up because Nobody Important asked about the fight. Not to prove anything about anything to Negative Nancies who can't take heart from the successes of others and have to rain on their parade.

Be positive! A Wing Chun guy won! A brother in the arts! Let it warm the cockles of your heart!

Last edited:

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
I mainly put the photos up because Nobody Important asked about the fight. Not to prove anything about anything

The fight that you first mentioned to say your TWC works;

My sidais Ethan Dunham won his MMA fight in Adelaide last week. My stuff works.

Be positive! A Wing Chun guy won!

Yeah, I congradulated him.

However, it is not being negative to wonder where the TWC is when you post about this fight to say TWC works, but then images show all non-TWC methods, and it finished by RNC.

If he won the fight without using TWC at all, then the fact that he also trains TWC is irrelevant and claiming it as a win for TWC is stolen valor from his other coaches that trained him to win the fight with functional methods like BJJ, and the effort he put into that training.

anerlich

Brown Belt
Reaction score
If he won the fight without using TWC at all, then the fact that he also trains TWC is irrelevant and claiming it as a win for TWC is stolen valor from his other coaches that trained him to win the fight with functional methods like BJJ, and the effort he put into that training.

That he won his fight without using TWC is supposition on your part, and manifestly biased supposition, based on two action photographs.

Ethan's principal coaches are pictured with him below: Tracey Aldridge, and Brent Duggan. Both Red sashes in TWC under Rick Spain. They all live in a small town called Ulverstone on the North Coast of Tasmania. Not surrounded by famous MMA gyms or coaches. Tracey owns the gym where all are coaches. Ethan is a gold sash in TWC. This is a full time gym teaching Wing Chun, BJJ, kickboxing (for competition) and MMA.

Anyone who does BJJ and MMA will have trained with coaches other than those at their home gym occasionally (I've done Pedro Sauer, Steve Maxwell, JJ Carlos and Rigan Machado, etc. etc.) but Ethan's main coaches in all aspects were Tracey, Brent, and earlier, Tracey's ex, Stuart Clayton. These people are deeply committed to their training and their students

Just because you can't imagine ever having the personal resources to pull off anything like this, doesn't mean that more capable people can't do it.

Stolen valour? You have no idea what you are talking about. You insult people who have achieved far more in martial arts than you ever will.

You are desperate to find holes in this presentation. None exist.

Look at yourself and what you are doing and see how nastily and disingenuously you are behaving. Why? How do your actions help you become a better martial artist or human being?

The winner and his coaches:

20293047_884146595083591_8204267611767189748_n (1).jpg

Last edited:

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
You insult people

I've insulted no one.

You should not be surprised by my reaction when you say "TWC works, look at this guy", then show pictures of non-TWC methods in a fight that was also won by non-TWC methods.

If he used TWC at any point in the fight that would be cool to see. Hopefully you can post it.

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, the stuff about stolen valour was a compliment?

If something other than TWC was used to win the fight (like BJJ), credit should go there rather than to TWC. This is not insulting anyone.

anerlich

Brown Belt
Reaction score
BJJ he learned at a TWC gym from TWC coaches. The credit goes to those coaches. I've taught BJJ at Tracey's former gym (the Tasmanian Wing Chun Association) myself as a TWC red sash (yeah, OK, and as a BJJ black belt). I rolled with their students and I have to say they were tough and technical. One guy did travel to Dubai regularly for his work in the mining industry and got to train regularly with high level black belts there ... but .....multiple arts taught in the one gym by Wing Chun instructors. Who knew?

You might want to consider how you phrase your future posts. Lest some make the same mistakes I did and get the impression you *are* trying to push their buttons, or insult them, or something.

Phobius

Black Belt
Reaction score
...of BJJ...not TWC.

You are saying they did not teach him TWC? Or are you saying when he fights he only used BJJ and did nothing but BJJ?

Noone wins a fight without being what they are, and what they are is usually a combination of all their training. They are fighters. Not TWC or BJJ fighters but simply fighters.