Why the hate between TMA and MMA?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I just read that post four times.... it was interesting.

First time through, I did it with something I imagine an older, lady British librarian (not saying Tez is a librarian so leave that be) saying it, which was rather soothing.

Then with a sort of Paris Hilton (remember the way she talked?) voice in my head ... that was disturbing.

And then worse of all, with a sort of Kim Kardashian vacuous vocal treatment.

And then I did it with Rocky Balboa. Bam! Perfect. For the soliliquiy not for Tez's voice, so let that be again.

The reading of text-based communication from another person to oneself in the privacy of one's own mind is an interesting experiment in personal security vs egoism, I've found.

The reality is actually Judi Dench as M, accent and career fits. :D:D:D:D:D Occasionally Maggie Smith as the Dowager from Downton Abbey. :p

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
I didn't know you were struggling with your weight. If so, you're right. I don't think it's the same, but certainly, if it was intended as an insult, then it's not okay.

I come from a background of obese and stocky Polynesians and Hispanic people. My weight jumps up and down all the time which is one of the reasons I practice martial arts and weight lift so much.

To avoid diabetes and other complications that come with being overweight. FR's comments don't offend me but they just come off lazy. Almost like calling a guy with glasses four eyes or something, like c'mon that's just petty.

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
In my opinion, you should read more. Maybe more of Tez3's post, more books on philosophy... maybe Buddhism? That'd be a good, offsetting thought structure for you.

Or not, I guess.

In my opinion, you should read less and more realistic combat arts, maybe Boxing but not the Cardio Boxing kind. That'd be a good, offsetting thought structure for you.

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
'Wise old man' eh, shows how much you know. :D

I do thank you though for showing I was correct in your posting habits, and showing it's better to be old than stupid. Your latest post denigrating the American Marine Corps is a must read, tells us everything we need to know.

I rather be stupid and young, as that still gives me plenty of time to improve, unlike if I were and oldie. And hopefully, you're as smart as you think your are :D. But I'd be more concerned about how fragile and sensitive that you are....seems like everything sets you off, holmes.

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Nope. Just pointing out a perceived inconsistency to Steve, with whom I spend a lot of my time agreeing.

You're a sensitive little cuss, aren't you...

I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy. Sounds like you just confirmed it right here.

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I come from a background of obese and stocky Polynesians and Hispanic people. My weight jumps up and down all the time which is one of the reasons I practice martial arts and weight lift so much.

To avoid diabetes and other complications that come with being overweight. FR's comments don't offend me but they just come off lazy. Almost like calling a guy with glasses four eyes or something, like c'mon that's just petty.

Hey man, I didn't mean to get personal like that with my previous comment. I was just messing around. I apologize.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
tumblr_mgbqxlZhxj1rmiafjo1_500.gif

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Just wondering -- is your diet North American or Polynesian/Hispanic? I wonder if an NA diet doesn't work with your physiology ...

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I rather be stupid and young, as that still gives me plenty of time to improve, unlike if I were and oldie. And hopefully, you're as smart as you think your are :D. But I'd be more concerned about how fragile and sensitive that you are....seems like everything sets you off, holmes.

Oh girlfriend, what can I say, moi fragile and sensitive? you flatterer you. I'll tell my mates what you called me, they deserve a good laugh. :D:D:D:D

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just wondering -- is your diet North American or Polynesian/Hispanic? I wonder if an NA diet doesn't work with your physiology ...

It's Murican :D. My diet is mostly proteins such as chicken but there is a lot of grains in it too. Like rice and noodles, I think that's the issue, before westernization they ate pork and fish mostly. Then westernization came and Polynesians grew outward.

The more I am able to cut grains from my diet the more weight I seem to drop, and when it comes back in my diet it comes back very quickly.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
In my opinion, you should read less and more realistic combat arts, maybe Boxing but not the Cardio Boxing kind. That'd be a good, offsetting thought structure for you.

The majority of martial arts have realistic application, I think what you are focusing on are the art portion of them. There is kata which is more art than it is martial, but even many of the kata have within them practical applications.

For example many kata are supposed to be done very slow and deep, in a very low stance. This is to work on your legs and will make them stronger, not only does it work your legs (quads) but also your feet along with shin muscles.

Then there is bunkai which is two person kata, this is done to understand how to block, move counter attack ect. For many places this isn't the only method used to train but just one of the many tools to train.

Latest Discussions