Why some people still don't want to wear mask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well that doesnt prove anything, it totally dependent on the coubrobg system you use

growing up we use based 12 for money and distance and base 16 for weight,

the americand still do for weight and distance

in base two its 0100, in base 3 its 11, in base 4 its 10. in base 16 its one quarter or .25 as well as 4, but all answers are correct unless the question specifies which units should be used for the answer

it only becomes a fact if you prefix it with "" in the base 10 system"

so as i said that fact is total dependent on interpretation

Interpret it some other way. Make 2+2= egg and try to get everything else to work.

Then go build a plane or a car or land someone on the moon.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I took his comments as "consider wearing a face shield in addition to your mask" instead of "stop wearing your mask." Masks are better at catching droplets you're expelling, so an asymptomatic person doesn't infect other people. Face shields are better at protecting you from droplets floating in the air. For people who work in higher-risk environments, both is definitely a good option.
That makes sense and it sounds like something Dr. Fauci would say.

The whole face shield thing makes me think. "might as well have some fun with it". Time to suit up lol. Make it out of some anti-viral materials, add a little ac and a filter, some heads up displays, and an audo /mic system and you'll be all set. lol
a1637e13362a393d82a6a626d0fee571.jpg

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
By the way. I have only found one brand of mask that is CSIRO tested and probably works.

Which is an Australian made fair air mask.

It is also fire proof because that was its original function.

Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Interparate it some other way. Make 2+2= egg and try to get everything else to work.

Then go build a plane or a car or land someone on the moon.
building cars planes an space travel are all calculated in base 2, no one has used base 10 for such in several decades. its very 1960s

your not far behind the other guy in things you dont know

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
building cars planes an space travel are all calculated in base 2, no one has used base 10 for such in several decades. its very 1960s

your not far behind the other guy in things you dont know

Which is 10+10=100

Which still proves 2+2=4

Just in binary

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Come on, man. Did you read that article?

Sure, I read it, but I don't believe anything he says. He hasn't been on the front lines of anything but a burocracy for decades. Hes been all over the place on many issues. Here's an example of how he screwed up. The actual scientists that created the tests for covid specified 20-30 "amplification cycles" so there wouldn't be a lot of errors and false positives. Fauci told all the labs to do 40. Now it may be impossible to straighten out the inaccuracy that caused. Nobody knows how accurate the numbers are because of the mistake.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Scott W. Atlas, this is the presidents number one advicer on covid.
He wants us to do the Sweden model which has a higher dead rate per million people than the U.S.
Watch fox news and see his plan.
Nope. not me. I'll pass. He's a radiologist. So all of this virus stuff is out of his league. I'll go to him when I need take a look on the inside of my body but not anything else. His studies weren't in medicine. It was in something like health policy or something like that. Can't remember exactly.

The only way he can effectively make any decision about viruses is to listen to someone who studies viruses and then create a policy to fit that advice. There's a lot of things that the Heard Immunity concept doesn't work with, and that's with viruses we are familiar with. Doctors and scientists don't know enough about the virus to even determine if Heard Immunity is possible. But I guess they will find out in a year or two with Sweden. I'll be keeping a close eye on that country as they go into the fall and winter.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sure, I read it, but I don't believe anything he says. He hasn't been on the front lines of anything but a burocracy for decades. Hes been all over the place on many issues. Here's an example of how he screwed up. The actual scientists that created the tests for covid specified 20-30 "amplification cycles" so there wouldn't be a lot of errors and false positives. Fauci told all the labs to do 40. Now it may be impossible to straighten out the inaccuracy the created.

Ok. So what do the other expert sources say?

Because that would be the sensible follow up there wouldn't it?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
, its of no use to you, , you carry on counting, your fights in base 10, i cant think of any reason why you would need to exercise your intelect farther than that, irs like trying to teach my dog to dance, it just ends up annoying the dog

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Ok. Then we will discard the whole binary argument and 2+2 still equals 4 because maths messes up when it doesn't.

Which is how we prove things.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sure, I read it, but I don't believe anything he says. He hasn't been on the front lines of anything but a burocracy for decades. Hes been all over the place on many issues. Here's an example of how he screwed up. The actual scientists that created the tests for covid specified 20-30 "amplification cycles" so there wouldn't be a lot of errors and false positives. Fauci told all the labs to do 40. Now it may be impossible to straighten out the inaccuracy that caused. Nobody knows how accurate the numbers are because of the mistake.
Do you have some sources for this claim?

Faucci does change what he says, but he bases it on the current understanding of the virus, which changes. He doesn’t simply change what he says on a whim.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
[QUcooz,,,OTE="drop bear, post: 2010909, member: 32080"]Ok. Then we will discard the whole binary argument and 2+2 still equals 4 because maths messes up when it doesn't.

Which is how we prove things.[/QUOTE]
what, have you been drinking
computers do maths just fine , and so do people who usr binary, its just of no use to you,, coz,,,

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sure, but you also said that they did not experience the economic fallout. Based on the context of your post (whether you intended it or not), it sounded very much as though you were suggesting some kind of causal relationship between avoiding shutting down and the economy. (i.e., "Sure, more people died, but on the bright side, because they didn't shut down they didn't experience the same level of economic fallout.") However, there does NOT appear to be a causal relationship between their economic resilience and their decision to avoid shutting down, because the two neighboring countries (Denmark and Norway) did shut down, and had similar economic impact without the unneeded deaths.

Simply put, yes, they did make mistakes and people died who didn't need to. AND it doesn't appear so far that their economy benefited from it.
its still not apples and apples, swedens death rate oer million, it just about the same as the usa, they just dmsaved them srlves all that bother,

its not fair to compare it with say norway, as no one goes there,, in which case the number of ibfection enteribg is much reduced,,, i went once it was closed, as it was Wednesday they shut every thing down on a wednesday

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Give source please.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Do you have some sources for this claim?

Faucci does change what he says, but he bases it on the current understanding of the virus, which changes. He doesn’t simply change what he says on a whim.
It seems like Facui is changing things but he really isn't. He's basing his responses on the actions that people take. If people do A, then the outcome is A. If people do B, then the outcome is B. If the people don't do A, then we are looking at possible outcomes of B,C,D, E,F. People think he keeps changing, but he's clearing working the. "what if scenarios" and the likely outcomes. He can't give a stable answer because that all depends on the action of the people.

I surprised that so many people miss that. He's always saying stuff like "if we continue to do A then we can expect outcome A. But, If we don't do that then we can expect outcome B." He's been correct on all of the scenarios that would cause an increase. Much of which is playing out in the U.S. now.

I also think that he would have been much clearer if he didn't have to dance around the politics and trying not to appear to be "going against" government leadership. I would rather that he tell it like it is. If it's terrible news, then it's just terrible news. Sometimes life is like that.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It really appears that you are making things up. Can you provide some credible information to support your statements? So far, you've provided one link that doesn't say what you seem to think it said.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
its still not apples and apples, swedens death rate oer million, it just about the same as the usa, they just dmsaved them srlves all that bother,

its not fair to compare it with say norway, as no one goes there,, in which case the number of ibfection enteribg is much reduced,,, i went once it was closed, as it was Wednesday they shut every thing down on a wednesday
Wait. So, hold on

2+2 isn't 4,
Sweden's economy isn't comparable to Norway or Denmark's,
But the USA and Sweden are somehow comparable?

Give me a break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions