Why do all Taiji videos blow chunks?

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Many thanks! Any details you can provide - subjects covered, where to buy, ones you'd recommend - would be most appreciated.

Try here:

http://www.taichidepot.com/master/chen,zhenglei.htm

I personally like all of them! It's awesome if he ever comes to your state where you reside and see him do anything really...but I like it when he does the strikes. There's so much energy in it, and to seem him demonstrate is even more rad...he gets this look on his face that just makes you appreciate taiji so much more!

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thank you!

Now that you have mentioned it, I see this Master is on the cover of the current issue of Tai Chi magazine. A quick look shows him to be well worth listening to... I'll read that article fully today and expect to learn from it.

What a difference 3 years has apparently made in the quality of what is available for study - let's hope this trend continues.

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yang Jun has a relatively new teaching video out called "Yang Family T'ai Chi Ch'uan Traditional Form". It is beautifully filmed from three camera angles, showing each posture in detail and their martial applications. Thoroughly recommended if you are interested in Yang Family Taijiquan the way it was finally transmitted by Yang Cehng-fu. Obtainable from www.yangfamilytaichi.com

Expensive, but worth every penny.

Very best wishes

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yang Jun

Yang Zhenduo

Yang Zhenduo Dao

cheng man ching

Chen Taijiquan - Laojia Yi Lu (part 1)
Chen Taijiquan - Laojia Yi Lu (part 2)

Chen Xiaowang 19 movements

Last edited by a moderator:

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yang Jun has a relatively new teaching video out called "Yang Family T'ai Chi Ch'uan Traditional Form". It is beautifully filmed from three camera angles, showing each posture in detail and their martial applications. Thoroughly recommended if you are interested in Yang Family Taijiquan the way it was finally transmitted by Yang Cehng-fu. Obtainable from www.yangfamilytaichi.com

Expensive, but worth every penny.

Very best wishes

That site is a nice find in general. Among other things of interest there, I note they are doing testing for their new 9 level ranking system. That could be a thread topic.........

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yang Jun

Yang Zhenduo

Yang Zhenduo Dao

cheng man ching

Chen Taijiquan - Laojia Yi Lu (part 1)
Chen Taijiquan - Laojia Yi Lu (part 2)

Chen Xiaowang 19 movements

here's Chen Zhenlei teaching

He even does fa jin in the second clip =)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions