Why bother....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This facebook thing...
I don't really put anything on, I just keep it up for the groups I am involved with, in the vein attempt to communicate with the members.

However, with the more recent changes every stinking thing somebody posts is highly visible to me now.
Maybe it always was and I just never knew where to look (what can I say, ignorance IS bliss!)

Now, I only friended people I like. I might not know them personally, but interaction was pleasant.
Of course, like myself, nobody is one dimensional, so I do get some feeds I do not really agree with.

Matter of fact, some are like 180* to what I believe, and I am not even talking political or religious...I think it's BS and wrong.

Like for instance, one group is opposed to putting Trigger on a plate. I get that. Although I know that some horses are worth more by the pound than on hoof.

However, when they make waves about a plant that packages meat for zoo animals, I am really tempted to link another group I like - Tigers - with the question if the ladies thought these animals should be fed celery....

I need to drink more and do less on the computer....

Indeed, why do I bother....it's not like these people would consider the different angle of the same aspect.....

Prost.

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have to agree with you about Facebook, it was fun at first reconnecting with old friends and it did make things somewhat easier to keep connected with family, but after awhile it became one big sounding board for everyone to post their gripes and complaints on there. I also loved the political rants that got posted on my page right before the elections. I had to do some serious un-friending on there to clean things up, after a bit I deactivated my account for awhile and it was great to not have to worry about it, but at the request of some of my family I reactivated it but don't spend a whole lot of time on there. I got more important things to do with my life.

Latest Discussions